• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dave 11

Reaction score
That st
Wanted to post an update on the Comfort Craftsmans in Chestnut that I bought a couple weeks back.  I've worn them several times and am astonished at how comfortable they really are.  Plus, they look great.  If anything, they look so great, I am afraid to wear them except for "nice occasions," but I know that's a bit silly.

Regards,
Jon
that stage will pass Jon , but the comfort will be there for a long long time enjoy !

Whirling

Reaction score

have you noticed any stretching in the boot? Reason i ask i brought size 12 but the assistant said 11half would be my perfect size! (I have one bad toe that hates any part of shoes touching it, so i allways go a little bigger)
Just hope they dont stretch too much

I think they have stretched just a tad, but it's hard to say. I am about as bad at getting the right size footwear as anyone in the world. I will buy too large, too small, too wide, too narrow...this happens even when I try the shoes on in the store extensively. As soon as I wear shoes/boots enough that I own them permanently, my feet revert back to their true size from whatever size they decided to adopt for the purpose of evaluating new footwear.

This is why I am so happy that my Comfort Craftsman boots from half a world away in an alien sizing system fit so well. In the US, recently, after deciding most of my shoes were too big, I am wearing 10D to 10.5D in most leather shoes. I got my Craftmans in 9.5G. I use some smallish orthotics in my shoes which don't change length much, but raise instep a bit and also cause potential problems with heel slippage in regular shoes. There are, of course, variables with socks, tides, and position and phase of the moon. :)

Best of luck to you!

Regards,
Jon

the dane

Reaction score
Wore the boots all day yesterday, had 3 bandaids in my wallet just in case of blisters! But all good great comfortable boots no rubbing what so ever! Glad my wife said get the RMs instead of the Docs
e6d1585ddea38e873edb95dfbd6cdd0f.jpg

corgi invasion

Reaction score
Wore the boots all day yesterday, had 3 bandaids in my wallet just in case of blisters! But all good great comfortable boots no rubbing what so ever! Glad my wife said get the RMs instead of the Docs
e6d1585ddea38e873edb95dfbd6cdd0f.jpg
they look really cool, the dark tan is a good color for these boots.

Indra

Reaction score

Indra, i paid $270 & they had a lot to choose from @ the salisbury store SA!
I see RM williams have a massive clearance sale this weekend at the wayville show grounds!

Wow that's a bargain! I'm guessing the defects are purely cosmetic rather than structural?

corgi invasion

Reaction score
can anyone help? I cannot find a way of getting the scratches out of my whisky craftsmen. For my other chestnut boots, a bit of the rmw shoe cream covers scratches instantly. Nothing works on these - I tried the tan rmw cream; I tried some wax kiwi polish. The scratches are entirely superficial, so something should work.

the dane

Reaction score
Have u tried the whisky stockmans boot polish covers scuff marks and shines $13.95

the dane

Reaction score
Indra, i paid $270 & they had a lot to choose from @ the salisbury store SA!
I see RM williams have a massive clearance sale this weekend at the wayville show grounds!

Wow that's a bargain! I'm guessing the defects are purely cosmetic rather than structural?

Think 90% were cosmetic or little scratch etc! Mine said a dark blemish on the top of the ankle part of the boot! I asked could i take them outside to inspect in the sun, & could not see any slight blemish!

corgi invasion

Reaction score
Have u tried the whisky stockmans boot polish covers scuff marks and shines $13.95
I can't find the stockman's boot polish in whisky, I got the tan as the nearest to it, but that does not seem to work.
I might try one of the darker shades from saphir.

the dane

Reaction score
Maybe get them cleaned up by a boot repairs shop, then ask them what they recommend

corgi invasion

Reaction score
Maybe get them cleaned up by a boot repairs shop, then ask them what they recommend
I tried a cobbler, he just sold me another polish, he couldn't do the color in the shop. The RMW service dept got back to me, they want to look at the boots themselves, maybe there is something wrong with the coloring. I'll send them back via the London shop.

PinkestFlamingo

Reaction score
Walked into a shop selling these after hearing someone rave about them. Looked pretty poor on inspection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads