• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

havingaraveup

Reaction score
I was a hair away from being the one member of my family who didn't get RMs in september. I would have gone for baxter, even though I would have felt left out in a family of 6 and counting Rms.

Lol 5 pairs of macquaries and one schmuck who wanted a craftsman instead.

What happens when everyone comes over for dinner and leaves their shoes at the door? :D

****, Notorious is my brother. That's basically how our family works. If one person finds something that's a really good deal, they immediately tell the others and if it's cheap enough and going to get sold out quickly, that person provides the item as well. With RMs, we did some really diligent research, took the plunge, and when the rest of the family saw the boots, they were sold. I wear them far more often than the others, however. Everyone else wears them once every other week, and I wear them probably between once and three times a week. That's why I'm worried about how durable they are. Ultimately they're dress shoes and I'm not sure they're meant to be worn this often.

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Gentleman,

Was very keen on stopping by the New York store to pick up my first pair, when to my dismay I noticed it was closed. Anyone know of other stores in the New York area where one could go to try on a pair? Mainly concerned with getting the sizing right as I've had some foot issues the past year or so.

Cheers!

KaiserSose

Reaction score
Thanks TheWraith

It seems the store is re-opening later in the year. I was hoping there was another retailer / boutique in the city that carried them, but I guess that's not the case. I suppose I'll just have to wait until the new store opens.

UnwillingEngine

Reaction score
So....I ended up buying a pair of Comfort Turnouts in 8G (I'm a 8.5D tight 9D comfortable Park Ave wearer), and there was a little over a centimeter of heel space. Is this normal? I tend to like my shoes tight, especially those that don't come with laces. I'm just wondering if this is something people live with or maybe I should sell these and go to a 7.5G-7G.......
frown.gif

havingaraveup

Reaction score
Thanks TheWraith

It seems the store is re-opening later in the year. I was hoping there was another retailer / boutique in the city that carried them, but I guess that's not the case. I suppose I'll just have to wait until the new store opens.
Yeah this is disappointing. I need to get some stockmans polish but I have no idea where to get it now that the shop is closed.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kangaroo Comfort Craftsmen, in Tan Bark, on top of a mountain. They were quite a conversation piece along the way. :slayer:

NotoriousMarquis

Reaction score
I have an RM history question. I'd be fascinated to know if the wholecut and chelsea were already popular styles in Australia and if RM made such boots to fill a demand, and later because the main manufacturer of them, or if RM pioneered the idea himself. Henry baxter etc all seem to make a wholecut, and I cant tell if its simply an imitation, or because it's a classical style. Any insight into the matter would be really fascinating for me!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads