• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kyr

Reaction score
hello
I am new to this forum and I need an advice. I am ready to order a pair of rmw boots. I am between comf craftsman and drover. I mostly dress casual (eg jeans, cords) and I would like a bulky but elegant pair of chelsea boots. What do you say? Should i stick to rmw or go to other brands? (red wings or...)

Presto87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Presto87
... I currently own a pair of MTO Craftsman in Chestnut (French Veal Calf) - welted sole ... I'm now looking at purchasing a pair of RMW in black ... currently thinking Macquarie > Black > French Veal Calf (love this leather) > Flat heel > Welt or Screwed?!
Update ... Only recently acquired a full-time job, which has resulted in wearing the aforementioned Craftsman 5 days week (no rotation
frown.gif
... yet!) ... and I'm finding that the french veal leather scuffs up very easily!!! So, now I'm unsure whether to purchase the Macquarie in another leather ... or go elsewhere for my "one pair of black shoes". All I know is that the Kangaroo leather is far too grainy for my liking (from SF pictures) for work wear. Not to mention the creasing in the heel mentioned on the last page. Thoughts?

Presto87

Reaction score
... and a request: can someone please post comparison shots of:

- The Yearling (last) Vs. Macquarie
- Macquarie Welted Vs. Macquarie Screwed

... both from top view if possible. Cheers.

Sixth_Sense

Reaction score
I got my chestnut Macquaries today.

Absolute beauties....can't wait to take them out for a run

Swededude

Reaction score
I'm about to order some polish for my RMW:s. I have one pair in Whiskey and one pair in Claret, but those colors does not seem to be available in polish from RMW. Bootsonline for example has the following: Black, Chestnut, Tan, Dark Tan & Natural. Which one should I choose for the colors I have? Have mailed bootsonline with my query some days ago but got no answer so far.

DavidinGray

Reaction score
Afternoon gents, I need some help with sizing on RM Williams Craftsman.

Basically, I wear a size 11F in Loake's last 026. What would that translate into?

DIG

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crazy pair of crocodile skin rm williams boots on ebay right now (going for lots of $$)

rammie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DavidinGray
Afternoon gents, I need some help with sizing on RM Williams Craftsman. Basically, I wear a size 11F in Loake's last 026. What would that translate into? DIG
If 11F (uk) in Loake fits you well (rather snugly, no major heel slippage) you should get RMW in 11G.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Presto87
Update ... Only recently acquired a full-time job, which has resulted in wearing the aforementioned Craftsman 5 days week (no rotation
frown.gif
... yet!) ... and I'm finding that the french veal leather scuffs up very easily!!! So, now I'm unsure whether to purchase the Macquarie in another leather ... or go elsewhere for my "one pair of black shoes". All I know is that the Kangaroo leather is far too grainy for my liking (from SF pictures) for work wear. Not to mention the creasing in the heel mentioned on the last page. Thoughts?

Veal scuffs like a motherfu$#er, i'm so careful when i wear them, nearly pushed someone over because they steped on the toe. i've got a small scratch on the arch, (i think from where i kicked it walking) not easy to get rid of even with lots of polish
frown.gif
, nice leather tho.

Dingo

Reaction score
I would never wear the same boots for five days in a row. They need to breath, and your feet sweat, so the boots need the chance to get that sweat out of them.

I would definitely get another pair of veal calf boots, as they are so much softer than the yearling.

As for the scuffing, it depends what colour they are. My dark tan ones do have some scuffing, but they are ten years old. Regular polishing with waproo polish is the answer, as it seems to go deeper into the leather and fill minor scuffing.

I share your concerns about the creasing of the kangaroo, but this is a matter of individual preference. There are some people who love the creasing!

Lear

Reaction score
I posted a group long shot of these some time ago, together with the black and claret models. Here's a shot of them on their own, with mirror shine. I'm still experimenting, but feel that I've probably reached the limits of what's possible with yearling leather. The black shines up a lot better, the claret less so. I'll put these pics in the Shoe Appreciation thread as well. Lear (the ugly one)
rmw_whiskey_top.jpg
rmw_whiskey_top.jpg
rmw_whiskey_top.jpg
rmw_whiskey_side.jpg
rmw_whiskey_toes.jpg

beebleb

Reaction score
Is anyone having much luck getting a decent shine on the Kangaroo leather? Mine just has too much grain to get a really decent shine.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
jEEEZZZZZZZZZZOOOOZZZZZZ Lear, how long did you spend on the whiskies to get them like that?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads