• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
Perhaps the most mysterious color in the RM Williams catalogue, spice suede. Ordered havana on MTO and got these but only realized it after wearing them for a while and seeing the box label. RMW themselves said spice is discontinued. Looks like a lighter shade of havana in bright light and like havana in dimmer light. Any experts know what the story is with this color? Haven't seen a mention since 2010 in this thread.

View attachment 1759616 View attachment 1759617 View attachment 1759618
Spice is was the original R.M. Williams tan suede. Back then the Havana suede did not exist.
I owned both Blaxland and Comfort Craftsman boots in spice suede long ago, but your sole has a more natural look than I recall mine having.

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has ever added a block heel to their Craftsmen boot. Like for their 1st re-sole. The idea intrigues me as the block heel is just a little different than the normal heel and has a nice subtle angle to it.
Personally I haven’t. Not something I’d do unless I was using them specifically for riding, or I was a member of a rock band.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Chinchilla in Dark Teal…

92A6F827-706F-49FA-9914-843C0539E107.jpeg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally have a new pair of RMs coming. Chestnut comfort craftsmans.

My current pair have been through everything the past 5 years and they have collapsed so new pair!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9e4efd04-dbe3-4e07-b8ed-cba9f12e2604-jpeg.1947683

lawschooldebt

Reaction score
I wear a 11.5 US EEE in Allen Edmonds comfortably and was looking at either the X or H width in a 11 or 10.5. Does anyone have the same size who can provide some guidance?

basstoyourface

Reaction score
I'm 3 hours out when my eldest arrives back from Toronto, where I finally, after 2 years or even closing on 3 years now, I've been hunting for a 10F, with a mint Gardner to test out. I have never even seen a pair for sale. Anywhere. Fleabay, grailed, local bsts, national. Very elusive. Good thing it was an absolute steal.

It's brutal not having but Gs in town to try out. 9.5 is short, 10 is sloppy.

I might have to use the NYC shop, or just get my buddy in Australia to hook me up once I confirm the fit.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm 3 hours out when my eldest arrives back from Toronto, where I finally, after 2 years or even closing on 3 years now, I've been hunting for a 10F, with a mint Gardner to test out. I have never even seen a pair for sale. Anywhere. Fleabay, grailed, local bsts, national. Very elusive. Good thing it was an absolute steal.

It's brutal not having but Gs in town to try out. 9.5 is short, 10 is sloppy.

I might have to use the NYC shop, or just get my buddy in Australia to hook me up once I confirm the fit.

Not Gardener, but good deal for you. https://merc.li/9BmDcmyfb?sv=0

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wear a 11.5 US EEE in Allen Edmonds comfortably and was looking at either the X or H width in a 11 or 10.5. Does anyone have the same size who can provide some guidance?
I’m a 10.5EEE on the Brannock and 9.5H on Craftsman and 10H in Gardner, if it helps.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Not Gardener, but good deal for you. https://merc.li/9BmDcmyfb?sv=0
Thank you, actually I think that's the exact pair I have
What's the diff b/n the gardner Vs comfort craftsman? Mine have that same sole. I paid 200Cad for mine. No box though 9.5/10. If those were browns or tan, I'd grab them for sure.

Mercari is a royal pita. They restrict access to the US. I couldn't even register an acct
I tried getting a buddy in the US to register an account for me once, then tried logging in from here & it wouldn't let me. Really bizarre.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, actually I think that's the exact pair I have
What's the diff b/n the gardner Vs comfort craftsman? Mine have that same sole. I paid 200Cad for mine. No box though 9.5/10. If those were browns or tan, I'd grab them for sure.

Mercari is a royal pita. They restrict access to the US. I couldn't even register an acct
I tried getting a buddy in the US to register an account for me once, then tried logging in from here & it wouldn't let me. Really bizarre.

Sorry to hear about the issues with Mercari, I've had great experience with them.

Gardener and Craftsman are very different. Craftsman is a chisel toe dress boot, and Gardener are large, full toe, more work style boot. They both rubber soles, but they are different styles.

Fwiw the Gardener boot is probly my fav all around boot, but it's def casual footwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads