• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snorpley

Reaction score
Yep. I gave my brother my craftsman because of similar fit issues. I’m all Turnout and Macquarie now

InaYan

Reaction score
Yep. I gave my brother my craftsman because of similar fit issues. I’m all Turnout and Macquarie now
Appologies for asking tge same questions over and over.. Do you think 6H in Comfort Turnout would give that little extra space at the toebox? Desperate to order some boots but turned out CT in black are out of stock. Really detest brown but no choice I guess
Thank you

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
Appologies for asking tge same questions over and over.. Do you think 6H in Comfort Turnout would give that little extra space at the toebox? Desperate to order some boots but turned out CT in black are out of stock. Really detest brown but no choice I guess
Thank you

Are you comparing G to H? In my experience, the G and H feels different around the in-step, not the toe box. And the toebox never, ever, ever, gives. It's reenforced with plastic. If the toe box does not fit, the shoe does not fit.

InaYan

Reaction score
Are you comparing G to H? In my experience, the G and H feels different around the in-step, not the toe box. And the toebox never, ever, ever, gives. It's reenforced with plastic. If the toe box does not fit, the shoe does not fit.
Iam comparing H to H.
Like,6H CC was perfect everywhere exept the top of the toebox.AND yes,I've already tried on the 6H and 6G in CC

Thing is I don't need more lenght but a volume-because 6.5 H and 6.5 G are equally bad fit-too long and too much saggy leather around the instep.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if some folks are having an extremely difficult time fitting a particular shoe, they should just get a half size up and use an insole, or just move on to a different brand. There are a lot of issues with trying to fennagle your foot into something that's ultimately too small.

InaYan

Reaction score
I think if some folks are having an extremely difficult time fitting a particular shoe, they should just get a half size up and use an insole, or just move on to a different brand. There are a lot of issues with trying to fennagle your foot into something that's ultimately too small.
As soon as I find a brand that ticks all the boxes same way as RMW does,I will move to that brand.But for now I am not giving up?

password

Reaction score
You have hit on a personal travail for me. I have wide feet, and have two of the Tambo model -- essentially the Craftsman but even wider. I have a size that should fit and a half size up. But both are "just off" because of the toebox. With the chiseled toe it is just toe small and low and seems unwilling to stretch. I don't know if the box is plastic or leather, but it drives me nuts. I've emailed with RM Williams if there is something I can do in the MTO for example a rounded toe, but it seems there is no hope. And the boots are beautiful!

InaYan

Reaction score
You have hit on a personal travail for me. I have wide feet, and have two of the Tambo model -- essentially the Craftsman but even wider. I have a size that should fit and a half size up. But both are "just off" because of the toebox. With the chiseled toe it is just toe small and low and seems unwilling to stretch. I don't know if the box is plastic or leather, but it drives me nuts. I've emailed with RM Williams if there is something I can do in the MTO for example a rounded toe, but it seems there is no hope. And the boots are beautiful!
The way my big toe touches the roof of the toebox shouldn't be any problem in a long run-it's more annoying than doing a physical damage.Therefore I really consider going back to 6H CC and deal with it as I am in love with the style and can not overcome it.

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
I have the Saddler & Leather dressing, is that generally enough to maintain the yearling Comfort Craftsman? Or is the RM Williams Leather Cleaner + polish recommended?

Are there alternatives to the RM Williams branded products that people recommend? It's impossible in Canada to get many of the products.

InaYan

Reaction score
@InaYan the toe box will not give. That is in my experience as well as many other wearers here on SF
I thought so.
Gave a try the Comfort Turnout as well.
Same issue-6H too short
I reckon the 6.5H will give the same problem as CC 6.5H-too much loose leather around the foot.
Practically I doubt any RMW boot will fit me.Maybe a time to start searching somewhere else.Any recommendations for same quality(not made in China) Chelsea boots? Thanks

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
I thought so.
Gave a try the Comfort Turnout as well.
Same issue-6H too short
I reckon the 6.5H will give the same problem as CC 6.5H-too much loose leather around the foot.
Practically I doubt any RMW boot will fit me.Maybe a time to start searching somewhere else.Any recommendations for same quality(not made in China) Chelsea boots? Thanks
Baxter claim to have been making boots in Australia since 1850, though I cannot be certain that their boots are still made there.
Their flagship boot is the Goldbourne which like RM Williams' is a wholecut boot.

Unfortunately its only available in mens sizes. Their ladies dress boot collection does not offer a wholecut boot.

Quiet Observer

Reaction score
Thank you
You're welcome.

You could also try Ian Harold Boots. They are another Australian boot company that have been making boots for over 130 years. Unfortunately I heard that they moved their production overseas, though I cannot comment on if this has actually had any impact on the quality.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently got my wife the C&J Bonnie, and she loves them. There are also a few other chelsea styles.

Clay J

Reaction score
So, is the MTO of old gone? Where is the best place to order? Bootsonline seems to not have any suedes or any real custom options..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads