• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Late reply, just scrolling through the thread, what suede is this Crafty? I'm in love. I've got Havana and Bone pairs and these are perfectly in the middle. Unless it's just your lighting!
Thanks mate, truth be told I can’t remember the exact colour on those...?. I’ve a gazillion and one boots tootling about. I’ll check when I get in as I keep all the boxes. If I forget comment again..

InaYan

Reaction score
A bit off-topic... Does anyone here is member of the FB group "RMW Appreciation" ?

Jykaes

Reaction score
Ha
I think was a seasonal boot..
I have them to hand but can’t remember ...
hang on maybe I’ll check old emails..

If you wouldn't mind. I would definitely buy those if it comes up again in a future season/sale, or even potentially e-mail them the colour code and see if they offer it as MTO. (Unlikely.)
Even if you have the box/model code I can e-mail them and ask what suede that code is associated with.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
If you wouldn't mind. I would definitely buy those if it comes up again in a future season/sale, or even potentially e-mail them the colour code and see if they offer it as MTO. (Unlikely.)
Even if you have the box/model code I can e-mail them and ask what suede that code is associated with.
I’ll fish it later..
If I forget again message me! ?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Something makes me think it’s actually labelled as driftwood as opposed to how I bought them.
Those are the ones though.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Thanks mate, now to email RM and be inevitably disappointed haha.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Something makes me think it’s actually labelled as driftwood as opposed to how I bought them.
Those are the ones though.

I looked into this, I found listings for Driftwood as well with colour code 15, same as those "Dirtwood" Sydneys. Since they have the same style code I suspect it is just Driftwood, like you said, and that listing is just a typo.

On that note btw for anyone wondering who may not know this but it could come in handy, the product codes tell you everything about the boot. So as an example, what is B543S_05FGCP10?
B = Type (Boot), 543 = Last (Craftsman), S = Material (Suede), 05 = Colour (Bone), F = Heel (Block), G = Width, C = Toe (Chisel), P = Sole (Comfort) and the last number is the AU size. So it's a Bone Suede Comfort Craftsman in size 10G. There are no codes afaik for the sole edging, tugs, elastic or stitching. I am unsure if/how they track that, possibly explains why I got a boot last year with the wrong elastics. :p

And here's what it looks like, I'm wearing it today! :p

PXL_20210430_062846059.MP.jpg

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Anyone has both Signature $1,000 AUD Chelsea's and regular cheaper $500 range Craftsman's. How do they differ in terms of leather quality and durability? Appreciate if you can post photos. Thank you ✌

den525

Reaction score
Hi RM experts. I bought a new pair of RM Williams craftsman along with all the leather care products eg. polish, conditioner, brushes etc.

I followed all the steps... put conditioner, and then polish and found a "bubble" or "scratch" on the surface... Pretty sure it was user fault rather than manufacturer fault... as I didn't notice it when i opened the box.

Can that be "buffed" out? fix?

As I'm pretty annoyed as it's brand new and haven't even been worn...

IMG_8148.jpeg

Smooth Operator

Reaction score
Try to return if you can? If not you may be able to cover it up with wax and shoe cream layering.

Cooper007

Reaction score
Anyone has both Signature $1,000 AUD Chelsea's and regular cheaper $500 range Craftsman's. How do they differ in terms of leather quality and durability? Appreciate if you can post photos. Thank you ✌

The Signature are of a better quality, though I really cant justify the extra cost.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads