• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

InaYan

Reaction score
This was my exact issue--Comfort Craftsman in 8G, perfect everywhere except my left foot's toebox. It was squeezed and uncomfortable, and while I could probably have ridden it out, all the sources I consulted said the toebox never stretches.

I tried on an 8H and it fit like a dream. I was stunned at how much of a difference it made. Still good fit everywhere, snug in the right places, but the extra toe space made a huge difference. They felt like basketball shoes they were so comfortable. I'd 100% recommend trying the wider size before sizing up.
So I assume you didn't have heel slip in 8G in first place? I got mines in 6G but my left toes were cramped and squished and the toe was scraping the toebox as well. So I decided to go for 5.5H

bluemaxwell

Reaction score
I sooo hope you see this!
My feet is 26.3 cm long and more than 10cm at the widest part.
They recommended 08H MENS size(I am a women) and that is 42EU which I have never had as a shoe size! I am usually 39-40EU! How is possible that 6G Comf. Craftsman had heel slip but 8H won't give me that problem? What kind of science is that haha

Sounds right based on the size chart: https://www.rmwilliams.com/womens-bespoke-boot-size-chart/Bespoke_Womens_sizechart.html?lang=en_US

Are you sure you measured correctly? Do you normally wear your shoes with no space at the toes? A 26.3cm foot with 1-1.5cm toe room would be a 41/42 typically.

Liam0062

Reaction score
Awesome, thank you both. I really appreciate it! Do you have any thoughts on the leather upkeep and durability in wet conditions (i.e. pacific northwest with lots of rain and snow for a few months every year)? My Comfort Turnouts are pretty slippery (I think they have the "Oil Resistant" sole), and I'm hoping these have a little more traction. I also already own RM's leather conditioner, and don't know if that would be necessary for these.

I have a new pair of Gardeners in Black and have worn them for the better part of the last 5 weeks (saving my Comfort Craftsman’s for better weather). They have handled snow, rain, slush and salt from the Western New York winter very well.

This past weekend I was at a friends cabin and had to make multiple trips through Ankle deep snow. Happy to report no problems.

Traction is fine and they are very comfortable.

InaYan

Reaction score
Sounds right based on the size chart: https://www.rmwilliams.com/womens-bespoke-boot-size-chart/Bespoke_Womens_sizechart.html?lang=en_US

Are you sure you measured correctly? Do you normally wear your shoes with no space at the toes? A 26.3cm foot with 1-1.5cm toe room would be a 41/42 typically.
I know it sounds crazy,but! I had ordered and tried on the boots in 8H (42EU)and they were HUGE!!! Sold them on Ebay yesterday. My first ordered pair 6G was almost right,that's why when I got the email saying their advise is that 8H will fit better,I've thought they meant actually the 06H(38.5).But of course, I ignored that and ordered them in mens size which was a wrong decision. Now I am struggling and can't decide which one to be my final order. I really think I measured my feet right but all that happens is stating the opposite.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy,but! I had ordered and tried on the boots in 8H (42EU)and they were HUGE!!! Sold them on Ebay yesterday. My first ordered pair 6G was almost right,that's why when I got the email saying their advise is that 8H will fit better,I've thought they meant actually the 06H(38.5).But of course, I ignored that and ordered them in mens size which was a wrong decision. Now I am struggling and can't decide which one to be my final order. I really think I measured my feet right but all that happens is stating the opposite.

I would stick to women's sizes because of heel slip - women's shoes and boots have a narrower heel area designed to offer more grip for a better fit

InaYan

Reaction score
I would stick to women's sizes because of heel slip - women's shoes and boots have a narrower heel area designed to offer more grip for a better fit
Yep,ordered the 5.5 H.but there is no such a RMW womens boots that my feet can get in-even the E fitting is too narrow. Would like to try the Adelaide in a store but no chance now.

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

InaYan

Reaction score
That would't help. Tried before with other brands of boots that were too big ,my heels is too slim and no insole could solve the problem. Waiting for my boots yo arrive in 6-8 weeks.

snowbird25

Reaction score
Well, I just received a pair of Gardener's and just like you all said, they're pretty awesome. I haven't had a chance to wear them just yet, but I like the more casual look and think they'll be quite versatile. Compared to Blundstone's, they're definitely a nicer looking and feeling boot (as I was expecting).

For those of you who have a pair would you suggest the saddle dressing RM makes? From what I've read this is the best product for this leather, and I definitely want to keep these boots in as good of shape as I can.

Hurlazza4

Reaction score
Hi folks, has anyone had any joy edge dressing the rubber soles of the Gardener boots?

I have a black pair of Gardener boots and the rubber sole is quite obviously brown which is fine on the sole itself but not that great on the edges. I would like the edges to be black like the boots. I tried Saphir edge dressing but it didn’t really stick. Any advice would be welcome.

Cowbear66

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a question on leather's loosening up with time with consequences for sizing.

My first purchase scenario: I chose 2 variations of the comfort craftsman in 2 sizes that were available for quicker order
- 10 with oiled kip
- 10.5 with the usual CC veal

I'm kinda thinking that the 10.5 veal is my size, but wonder if the compression I feel on the oiled kip on my instep could ease up with time? The kip is snug as a glove with little give (I understand this leather style is naturally less supple than the typical CC veal).

Based on where I live and my lifestyle I am partial to the condition/quality of the oiled kip. If they don't loosen up though, I should just bite the bullet and order 10.5 kips with 6-8 wait-time : /

Thanks!!!!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Coming into the 3rd year of wear.
87A9AE1F-5D59-4B6D-80C0-CDF3C333A3A5.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads