• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
C and J 325/335/341 same as rm. I’ve said this before but if going from a country boot last like above you may want to look a H fit RM.
converse I’m 9.5 (uk) 9 (uk) rm.
if your feet aren’t particularly wide may be ok on standard G width.

jargo14

Reaction score
Thanks for this response! I did just finally get a response, and they said something similar.

Please LMK what happens with your boots, that would be much appreciated.
Package is with customs now at Vancouver. Expecting another week before it gets delivered to me out here in Toronto.

The package just arrived and were delivered with no duties/tariffs. I have yet to unbox them but definitely worth the wait IMO.

InaYan

Reaction score
This was my exact issue--Comfort Craftsman in 8G, perfect everywhere except my left foot's toebox. It was squeezed and uncomfortable, and while I could probably have ridden it out, all the sources I consulted said the toebox never stretches.

I tried on an 8H and it fit like a dream. I was stunned at how much of a difference it made. Still good fit everywhere, snug in the right places, but the extra toe space made a huge difference. They felt like basketball shoes they were so comfortable. I'd 100% recommend trying the wider size before sizing up.
Is the 8H actually 42EU?
6gG men size didn't fit right,I've sent them my foot's measurements and their reccomendation was 8H! Initially thought they meant 5.5 men size and ordered it,but then received ANOTHER email saying that this is wrong ! So,TWO sizes up !! Isn't that too crazy?!
I felt almost alright with the 6G,had heel slip and my left toes squished.
What make me think thst actually half size DOWN was the right choice rather than sizing ip ! So confused

InaYan

Reaction score
I`d hate to give you the wrong advice, but given your measurements, I`d say you would be more comfortable in a 9.5. I did find that the RMW length change was not as much as I expected, combined with a drop in width. I`m a 27cm and fit in a 9.5 with very little room in front (I mean exactly what I need for a good fit), so given your foot is longer than mine and the same width, a smaller size is questionable.

The Macquaries are the same length and width if I recall, and the narrower toe makes that feel much snugger. Your foot adapts, but you feel it.

Another way around is to try a standard 9H and 9.5H, and imagine the drop in width, but if you are not near a store, or cant get a refund on a mail order, might not be feasible.

Perhaps send Barry your measurements, and have him look at his records, or ask the factory?
I sooo hope you see this!
My feet is 26.3 cm long and more than 10cm at the widest part.
They recommended 08H MENS size(I am a women) and that is 42EU which I have never had as a shoe size! I am usually 39-40EU! How is possible that 6G Comf. Craftsman had heel slip but 8H won't give me that problem? What kind of science is that haha

InaYan

Reaction score
So my comfortable sizes after trying on are:

Comfort Craftsman: 8H
Gardener: 8G

I'm in Canada and they are rather very expensive with no discount, around 600 CAD a pair. Howevever, I found a suede pair of Comfort Turnout from overseas on sale but it's only in 8G. Now I'm wondering if the Comfort Turnout fits more similarly to the CC or the Gardener as I'm thinking of pulling the trigger if the Comfort Turnout is closer to the Gardener.

I heard comfort sole gives less room and also, the gardener is unlined so that's maybe why.
What are your foot's measurements?
Mine are 26.3 cm lenght
25.4cm all around the widest part
Usually wear 39-40 EU,but the Master Craftsman recommended mens size 08H.Waiting for them to arrive and really paranoid

thefoobar

Reaction score
Looks like Nungar's no longer stocking RMW. I received this email today:

It is with a heavy heart that we write to announce to you and our tens of thousands of customers in Australia and throughout the world that, after an over 40 year association with R.M.Williams, Nungar will no longer be a stockist.

We have worked for over 40 years to build our business and, like you, have overcome various challenges as they are presented to us. We thank all of our customers who have turned to Nungar as the go to shop for competitively priced R.M.Williams products over this time.

We thank you for supporting us for so long and hope you will continue to do so. Our own range of Nungar products continues to expand and the other brands that we stock will continue to be available, including Ariat, Akubra, Wrangler, Thomas Cook, and others.

Rest assured that we will continue to be here for you, just without the R.M.Williams brand as part of our stable.

If you have an outstanding order of RM Williams products with Nungar, your credit card will not have been charged unless the item has shipped. In the event that it has not yet shipped, we will do our best to help you fulfil your order, but may have to point you in the direction of another stockist to assist. We are here to help you, our loyal customers.

Finally, we have a range of R.M.Williams products, boots and clothing, in stock which we are running out until 23 February. The links below will take you to the live lists of available products at significant discounts. If you would like to purchase anything off the list, send us an email. We’ll confirm final availability and arrange payment with you. First in best dressed, though. This is the last of our stock.

Link to boots spreadsheet.

I guess Nungar's desire to sell at keen prices and RMW's desire to never be sold at a discount were at irreconcilable odds.

thefoobar

Reaction score
Any idea if bootsonline is going to be facing this?
No idea. Their prices weren't ever as discounted as Steve's, from what I know. I remember buying discounted RMWs from him for AUD400, when bootsonline started with a 5 and RMW's official retail was $600.
Obviously they're not cancelling their accounts with department stores etc, and also the said department stores have sales with RMW boots included occasionally. Moreover RMW is now under new management, so I don't know what the catalyst of cancelling the commercial relationship would be, I'm just speculating that it's price since that's Nungar's distinguishing feature.

johnbarfi111

Reaction score
Nungar's also seems to be an actual outdoorsman company and none of RMW's current branding really reflects that culture anymore. As many have stated, they want to be known as luxury bootmakers (which, given the price point and craftsmanship, they are), so my bet is new management took a fresh look at their stocklists and designed to align it with their "corporate principles."

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Black Roo Comfort Craftsman on a rare drizzly walk..
2969DD58-4865-400B-B6C0-6ECF5073A81E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads