• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Liam0062

Reaction score
If you're in the USA and ordering something stock, my recommendation would be to call the RM Williams store in SoHo (NYC). The shipping is fast and usually free, and returns/exchanges are easy.
On the phone with them now. Thanks.

bluemaxwell

Reaction score
I am ordering a pair of Gardener‘s from either Boots Online or Nungar. Shipping to the USA. Seems like the group orders from both. Any pros/cons for either company appreciated.

I’m buying a pair soon and I’m going to go with Boots Online just because they’ve been very responsive to my emails. Haven’t heard a peep back from Nungar.
If you're in the USA and ordering something stock, my recommendation would be to call the RM Williams store in SoHo (NYC). The shipping is fast and usually free, and returns/exchanges are easy.

Is the NYC pricing the same as the RM Williams website?

Reaction score
I’m buying a pair soon and I’m going to go with Boots Online just because they’ve been very responsive to my emails. Haven’t heard a peep back from Nungar.

Good question. My recent purchase was made to order so I don't know. If you see a better price, it's worth asking the store to see if they can match or beat it.

InaYan

Reaction score
Does anyone know if CT fit wider that the CC? Paid the full price for the comforts craftsman,now selling them for fraction of the price in order to buy the Turnouts eventually..Squished toes and some slip on the heel is something I can not deal with in long term but too late to return them. My CC are 6G(woman)Any experience with the Turnouts will be helpful,thanks in advance :)

jargo14

Reaction score

I did the same and ordered from Boots Online. They were quick with their responses. I emailed Nungar at the same time and still haven’t heard from them.

I ordered at MTO pair so it took a while to ship but finally got the email today from Australian Post saying they’ve shipped!

bluemaxwell

Reaction score
Does anyone know if CT fit wider that the CC? Paid the full price for the comforts craftsman,now selling them for fraction of the price in order to buy the Turnouts eventually..Squished toes and some slip on the heel is something I can not deal with in long term but too late to return them. My CC are 6G(woman)Any experience with the Turnouts will be helpful,thanks in advance :)

I tried both in a 6G, and the turnouts did have more toe space, but a very similar fit overall. Sounds like you should try somewhere that offers returns to be on the safe side!

Left is the comfort turnout in rum 6G, right is comfort craftsman in dark tan 6G. I’m going to go with the craftsman in 5.5H

DBAE1D08-66D8-4C49-B33D-BB3A98282300.jpeg

InaYan

Reaction score
I tried both in a 6G, and the turnouts did have more toe space, but a very similar fit overall. Sounds like you should try somewhere that offers returns to be on the safe side!

Left is the comfort turnout in rum 6G, right is comfort craftsman in dark tan 6G. I’m going to go with the craftsman in 5.5H

View attachment 1544150
Thanks for your replay,and guess what! RMW emailed me (after I already purchased lol) that my actual fit -according to the measurements I've sent to them- is 5.5H
OR 8H Instead of 8.5G ! So go figure,somehow it could be shorter,but wider in order to fit better! If I am 100% sure that 8H in CC will fit me,I will repurchase that boot again.In fact,I had problems with squished toes,but not really tight around the ball joint....Long replay,sorry

InaYan

Reaction score

View attachment 1544150
Also,what was the reason you chose the CC over the Craftsman?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I'm 9.5D US on the slightly wider side (toebox), can I gamble Comfort Craftsman on 9G instead of 8.5H (because 9G is on sale somewhere...)

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm 9.5D US on the slightly wider side (toebox), can I gamble Comfort Craftsman on 9G instead of 8.5H (because 9G is on sale somewhere...)

Depending on how "tall" your foot profile is, I'd say 9G is actually the right size for you. I only size down a half on comfort rmw bc the insoles take up a lot of the vertical space.

ezev

Reaction score

in my experience, size down a half size from US on comfort models. I’m a 10D US and wear a 9.5G comfort. As mentioned, the rubber insole takes up a lot of volume.

InaYan

Reaction score
Weird thing,I got myself of Comfort Craftsman 6G(woman here),but being too narrow at the toebox and had some heel slippage,later they advised to get 5.5H. So the shorter the boot,the wider it becomes apparently.H in that size will be 24.1 mm vs 25.4 that I actually am,but will be still 6mm wider than the G fit in size 6.6mm at the toe box or around the ball joint will be just enough for my toes not to get squished,I guess,or I need to believe it...
IMO,a person that completely understands RMW sizing should be granted a Nobel prize.

basstoyourface

Reaction score
Is the 10+ an old way of writing half size? Or not, if not, what does it mean?

Attachments

• 20210201_194746.jpg
    20210201_194746.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 321

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics