• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I've been checking the site periodically to see if the new hiker style boots previewed in the new season are up yet. They're not, but these are an interesting new edition! I have never seen RM do a boot with a full treaded Vibram sole before, and the black leather is called "Ebony" - I guess because it is Bovine like the seasonal caramel and not yearling. Also, leather mid sole and removable leather insole. Definitely trying something new, not for me but much less offensive than the Marc Newson abominations. :p

Not to my taste, but I’m sure it’ll sell
180B7D36-2DD2-4D44-B578-41375297831B.jpeg

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
I don't know whether you "should", but I've gotten away with it. Certainly my left foot is an H and it's worn in fairly well. As long as you have enough space in the toe box, because that won't stretch obviously.
I heard that too, then called around and wasn't able to find a single retailer who recommended that. You probably could get away with it if you found something in your size at a good price. but if you are going to order and pay a "regular" price I'd stick to your regular size.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you wear sz 13.5? If so, Ben Silver has a chestnut pair for $247

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you wear sz 13.5? If so, Ben Silver has a chestnut pair for $247
Thanks for this! I already have this boot but checked the Ben Silver sale anyway and found the C&J Conniston, in my size for 1/2 off. I’d been searching for a good deal on them for quite a while.

London_UK

Reaction score
I know this was covered before, but I didn't get, is it really a very bad idea to experiment with recoloring black RM Williams ? I bought an used black pair, good condition, and I am tempted to try to come-up with something similar to their new two toned brush off yearling leather black/red:

Am I correct that it should be a daily red or burgundy shoes cream for about 3-4 days ?

Or do I need first to use a dye remover like Saphir decamping, then do a day of shoe conditioner to re-condition the leather, and then go with the red/burgundy shoe cream ?

Any ideas about what steps to follow, and did someone on here actually change the color of their RM Williams ? did that workout and was it worth it ?

Thanks guy, feel free to call me a heretic, but I really got a good deal on the used pair and I already have 3 black pairs !

ATL007

Reaction score
Just got my 9G brown vesta comfort craftsmans in the mail (thanks Corey at NYC store!). Really like the more casual and less shiny look as compared with the yearling. So odd that G and H fittings seem to be interchangeable for the most part for me depending on the particular boot...
527EF29F-AB8D-4AB9-A8B7-7E4F6477E49F.jpeg

Mnewbs23

Reaction score
Just got my first two pairs of Comfort Craftsman in black and Dark Tan yesterday, and wore the Dark Tans to work today. First impressions are they are very comfy underfoot and the leather is soft but feels like it will wear well. My one issue (admittedly after one day so take with a grain of salt) is that my left foot is rubbing against the top of the left boot, which became uncomfortable at times today, to the point that I had to take that boot off a few times to give my foot a rest. In fairness the bone on the top of my left foot sticks out quite high above my foot, so I have this issue with almost all no-lace shoes. Also the right boot feels amazing.

My question is 1) has anyone else had this issue initially, and 2) is it reasonable to expect the leather to stretch some as it breaks in and ease the pressure on top of my foot?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Just got my first two pairs of Comfort Craftsman in black and Dark Tan yesterday, and wore the Dark Tans to work today. First impressions are they are very comfy underfoot and the leather is soft but feels like it will wear well. My one issue (admittedly after one day so take with a grain of salt) is that my left foot is rubbing against the top of the left boot, which became uncomfortable at times today, to the point that I had to take that boot off a few times to give my foot a rest. In fairness the bone on the top of my left foot sticks out quite high above my foot, so I have this issue with almost all no-lace shoes. Also the right boot feels amazing.

My question is 1) has anyone else had this issue initially, and 2) is it reasonable to expect the leather to stretch some as it breaks in and ease the pressure on top of my foot?
The leather will most likely stretch. Sounds like this is a foot rather than boot issue, you can take your boots to a cobbler and see if they can stretch that section if it doesn’t loosen up on its own.

RustyRyan

Reaction score
I’ve noticed a few retailers recently carrying a “cola suede”, that looks a bit lighter than the standard chocolate suede. I haven’t seen this before, anyone know if this going to be a new color that is more readily available...I would love to get this cola suede in the comfort turnout set up.

Jykaes

Reaction score
I’ve noticed a few retailers recently carrying a “cola suede”, that looks a bit lighter than the standard chocolate suede. I haven’t seen this before, anyone know if this going to be a new color that is more readily available...I would love to get this cola suede in the comfort turnout set up.

Haven't heard about this, got a pic? I'd be very interested. EDIT: Oh, Google turned up quite a few results, including a Comfort Turnout for you. Interesting. Probably wouldn't grab them myself, but not bad.

On another note, I wonder why RM still haven't released the work boot the model is wearing on their new season announce? Not a peep about them. I don't think they are Rickaby's as they look chunkier and have a treaded Vibram sole.

1583034754383.png

And for anyone curious, those bone suede boots I ordered that RM fucked up and said they would remake over a month ago, I haven't heard a peep from them since. :p

midazoslam

Reaction score
Two questions

Any idea what that cord cap meme is on their IG Page?

Has anyone ordered MTO boots through bootsonline.com.au? Can they place MTO orders? Some options they list are labeled MTO, but I'm wondering how exhaustive the MTO capability is.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I think most retailers are able to order mto stuff. Richard at The The Room Doncaster
has a batch of leather samples and soles I believe.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Any idea what that cord cap meme is on their IG Page?

Some other Instagram page run by a guy who posts himself in cord caps is basically getting his followers to go and brigade/spam RM to make a blue cap for him and demanding they be boycotted until they do. RM just blocked him and the blue cap emoji so now his fans have switched to a blue top hat. It's pretty dumb, I doubt many of them actually want to buy the cap and they seem to think a brand could just develop and release a new product at the drop of a hat, pardon the pun. :p

In other news, those white Surry sneakers aren't bad! Very Common Projects, not as sleek but I'd be tempted to try them on in store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads