• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
What’s that light one (one up from bottom) not an attractive color, at least in the pic?
Looks like nutmeg.

kangaroo boots are amazing. Last week I got the full set.. chestnut, tan,choc and black (not all in same week..).

chestnut left choc right if anyone was on the fence.

Attachments

• 0311587C-A449-413F-A3E8-299EF02FCD74.jpeg
    0311587C-A449-413F-A3E8-299EF02FCD74.jpeg
    115 KB · Views: 436

ATL007

Reaction score
Might be. Noticed there are two nutmegs on their website. I like the yearling nutmeg and seems darker (I’ve ordered it from boots online). The other is lighter (probably that one) from New Zealand leather. I guess we will see in a few more weeks when they arrive

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I see a pair of roo boots in tanbark in my future.

Also spoke to the salesperson about doing some craftsman/lachlan boots in chocolate suede with a chisel toe and Gardener type thicker sole.

I was wearing my Lachlan’s whenI went in there and managed to impress the staff.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I see a pair of roo boots in tanbark in my future.

Also spoke to the salesperson about doing some craftsman/lachlan boots in chocolate suede with a chisel toe and Gardener type thicker sole.

I was wearing my Lachlan’s whenI went in there and managed to impress the staff.
If I were to suggest only one boot for someone to start this journey on would be the tan bark. Bloody lovely boots.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
With roo leather I’ve heard you should go a width down? That’s true? Eg H to a G

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
With roo leather I’ve heard you should go a width down? That’s true? Eg H to a G
I think that’s incorrect. I read that first but the g width I have are snugger than my yearlings and suede. I’ve two H fittings now and look as sleek but I can wear with slightly thicker socks.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I were to suggest only one boot for someone to start this journey on would be the tan bark. Bloody lovely boots.

Agreed! This will be pair 6 for me. I started with Chestnut Comfort Craftsmen ten years ago - still going strong, but it retrospect chestnut isn’t the most versatile or interesting of browns.i was thinking maybe rum next, but after seeing it in person I’ve switched to tanbark for some variety.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Agreed! This will be pair 6 for me. I started with Chestnut Comfort Craftsmen ten years ago - still going strong, but it retrospect chestnut isn’t the most versatile or interesting of browns.i was thinking maybe rum next, but after seeing it in person I’ve switched to tanbark for some variety.

I'm up to pair five, I'll probably hold at what I've got for a while as I think I've got a really great variation. Black yearling, rum yearling, black suede, havana suede, bone suede. I wouldn't mind a third pair of leather, but nothing has popped out at me yet. Hoping for a cool seasonal in the future.
I agree on chestnut, I know it's the favourite brown for most but it's just too dark and plain for me. I originally thought dark tan was best but seeing how the aniline ages for rum, it became my favourite for sure.

Jykaes

Reaction score
I've been checking the site periodically to see if the new hiker style boots previewed in the new season are up yet. They're not, but these are an interesting new edition! I have never seen RM do a boot with a full treaded Vibram sole before, and the black leather is called "Ebony" - I guess because it is Bovine like the seasonal caramel and not yearling. Also, leather mid sole and removable leather insole. Definitely trying something new, not for me but much less offensive than the Marc Newson abominations. :p

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Around here, people seem to think it odd that I wear boots year-round.
I have a pair in snuff suede comfort craftsman that I wear a lot in summer. What are your go-to’s for summer wear? Which leathers do you think are most ‘summery’?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Around here, people seem to think it odd that I wear boots year-round.
I have a pair in snuff suede comfort craftsman that I wear a lot in summer. What are your go-to’s for summer wear? Which leathers do you think are most ‘summery’?
Strange that suede generally is thought of as a summer shoe but is increasingly popular in winter, maybe the tones or textures?
I tend to wear same things all year round. Have recently had any leather soled shoes weather proofed with topy and toe taps so they can be worn on inclement weather.

Attachments

• F37D5A6C-EB12-4D3E-8FA1-C5227CC50040.jpeg
    F37D5A6C-EB12-4D3E-8FA1-C5227CC50040.jpeg
    150.6 KB · Views: 426

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score
I don't know whether you "should", but I've gotten away with it. Certainly my left foot is an H and it's worn in fairly well. As long as you have enough space in the toe box, because that won't stretch obviously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads