• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EndlessMike

Reaction score
Yeah, Comfort Craftsmen. With the right socks, they're fine, I just sometimes grab thicker ones lol. I'm thinking of getting a boot stretcher and playing with that a little.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does RMW make a Chelsea in shell?

ATL007

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Shameless plug for my 8.5G gardener in the black leather. $325 shipped USA. Mild wear for 2 weeks.

I leave for Australia tomorrow so I won't be able to ship until February unless you're quick on the draw and i ship it tomorrow :D
Have you sold these yet? Any pics of them?

Jykaes

Reaction score
Does RMW make a Chelsea in shell?

Unfortunately no, the best "normal" leather they offer is the veal calf which is standard on the Signature Craftsman and some ludicrous cost in the bespoke program (More than the Signature) - they also have ostrich and croc which are like $3k/4k respectively last I heard, but nothing really in between. A shell offering would be very cool for us fashion geeks but I wonder how many of their every day customers actually know what it is. Probably not a good enough market for them?

Although, they tried those gross Marc Newson monstrosities and I'd say there's a smaller market for those but what do I know. :p

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Marc Newson boots are..iteresting. I'd be interested in them if they were resoleable. They look like a nice casual/streetwear boot IMO

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any style photos with RM Williams? Everything online is just super slim pants :)

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Dimly lit pic with new roo...

chelsea boots look better with at least a tapered leg, alas my skinny days have gone but even I can get jeans or trousers cut to taper to the ankle. Personally not a fan of turn ups with chelsea boots but that seems more common now. Google chelsea boot style and lots of different pages will come up I’m sure.

Attachments

• D02F9DEE-086F-4182-ABAD-8CD206BCB38F.jpeg
    D02F9DEE-086F-4182-ABAD-8CD206BCB38F.jpeg
    755.8 KB · Views: 311

midazoslam

Reaction score
In my opinion, they look best with tapered jeans/chinos, straight to cuff hem so no break, and the hem ending roughly at the top curve of the heel, so mid-gore. Long vs short socks is a personal choice but I often go short.

Jykaes

Reaction score
In my opinion, they look best with tapered jeans/chinos, straight to cuff hem so no break, and the hem ending roughly at the top curve of the heel, so mid-gore. Long vs short socks is a personal choice but I often go short.

Yep a slim leg is a must for chelseas, jeans or chinos preferable. Also agreed on how they should end although I have seen some people (Raw denim fans mainly) go for a look where they turn up the hem, personally that is not for me but seems popular in some circles. Also, if you go bush you could probably pull them off with shorts but I can't see that working in the city somehow. :p

For socks, if wearing with dress pants then I'd choose a long/patterned sock since it will be seen as the hem is likely to come up more, but with chinos and jeans the hem never gets high enough that the socks will be seen so I just go for whatever is comfiest, as long as the sock is above the edge of the boot. Usually just a plain thicker wool sock.

Today's pairing, apologies not able to take photos in the office for a sensible picture, took one in the car when out to lunch.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Craftsman are too sleek to work well w shorts, maybe Gardener..

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Rickaby in coffee. Damn nice looking boot, these are made in Romania for some reason? Some are Aus made I think and some outsourced. Didn’t know at time of purchase but boots are perfectly constructed.

Attachments

• 8F78F4EE-FEA0-4A96-AB71-A724576C82A4.jpeg
    8F78F4EE-FEA0-4A96-AB71-A724576C82A4.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 415

Jykaes

Reaction score
Rickaby in coffee. Damn nice looking boot, these are made in Romania for some reason? Some are Aus made I think and some outsourced. Didn’t know at time of purchase but boots are perfectly constructed.

That suits the turned up cuffs. How do these compare in comfort compared to the Comfort Craftsman and/or classic Craftsman?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
That suits the turned up cuffs. How do these compare in comfort compared to the Comfort Craftsman and/or classic Craftsman?
Really comfortable, similar last I’d think as they are a lot slimmer than they appear online.
These have a dainite type sole but some of them have the same sole as the Gardener which is slightly firmer.
They’re a rough out suede too although they look to have a normal suede nap.

Attachments

• 444AE349-25B5-4BB6-A3FF-C8E968296378.jpeg
    444AE349-25B5-4BB6-A3FF-C8E968296378.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 545

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads