• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jykaes

Reaction score
How long do you guys recon the poron insole last on these boots?

I don't see why it would fail before the sole does, and you could just get a new insole when you take the boot in for a resole if you were worried.

BTW with regards to your blocking crease line... I am unfamiliar with the finish of leather you have but I would be worried that the colour of the crease may not completely go away, even though the shape will. I would discuss with RMW staff about that to be safe, make sure it is not a defect.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Chocolate Roo arrived today as a replacement for the faulty chinchilla. Fair play to RM for excellent customer service. I had to send the boots to London store rather than slash. Far more morally appealing!!

Attachments

• E5686DFD-7F80-432A-9B60-4AD971ED5892.jpeg
    E5686DFD-7F80-432A-9B60-4AD971ED5892.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 9E6AADA2-206F-4BC0-A441-FF6108DF83D0.jpeg
    9E6AADA2-206F-4BC0-A441-FF6108DF83D0.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 223
  • FB7CAA2C-140D-4E6F-A985-FF7347906E97.jpeg
    FB7CAA2C-140D-4E6F-A985-FF7347906E97.jpeg
    295.2 KB · Views: 253

Jykaes

Reaction score

Bit of an update on my made to order boots that came with the wrong elastics and sole.

Story so far was that they arrived incorrect, I went in store with them and was told that they could not help me and to e-mail customer service. I did that, didn't get a reply due to Christmas break (Fair enough, no problem) and then when they did reply last week, they said to send them back to be repaired. I asked if they could replace the sole to a natural one instead of the originally specced painted brown one, and not replace the elastics as it was less work for them and a better end result for me. They ignored me for about a week or so but after chasing them up again this morning, they replied back pretty quickly, apologised and said yes.

I've dropped the boots back to the factory in person with a copy of the e-mail and a filled out repair form so hopefully the boots will be fixed soon. I am a little nervous they'll stuff it up again and replace the elastics too or put a painted sole back on, but the repair form and e-mail specifically say not to do that so... here's hoping!

ATL007

Reaction score
Just got back from vacation in Australia and had to pick up a pair of R.M. Williams boots. The store in Melbourne was closed but thankfully found one in Auckland, NZ. Got the comfort classics in rum and love them. The left fits perfect but the right is slightly tight on the sides — anyone know if it will stretch out any?
Found this site helpful — please do post if there are any sales (US based here) as I’m now looking to pick up a black pair. Cheers! 9AEF31D2-78B5-4757-9E64-A28A97D82C21.jpeg B862101A-D308-4C69-ACA9-2EB00AC6EC7D.jpeg 2B9C59A6-E2CB-41C4-9870-EB3B52C539A9.jpeg

Jykaes

Reaction score
Just got back from vacation in Australia and had to pick up a pair of R.M. Williams boots. The store in Melbourne was closed but thankfully found one in Auckland, NZ. Got the comfort classics in rum and love them. The left fits perfect but the right is slightly tight on the sides — anyone know if it will stretch out any?
Found this site helpful — please do post if there are any sales (US based here) as I’m now looking to pick up a black pair. Cheers! View attachment 1314050 View attachment 1314051 View attachment 1314052

They look great, I've got Rum myself. With regards to feeling tight, I wouldn't worry about it unless it is the toe cap section that feels tight, as that won't really stretch out. The rest should mould to your foot so should be fine.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty wild that my comfort craftsman in a size H fit that much more comfortable compared to my same-size Gardener in G. Did not thing that the ~5-6mm width difference would matter this much

ATL007

Reaction score
They look great, I've got Rum myself. With regards to feeling tight, I wouldn't worry about it unless it is the toe cap section that feels tight, as that won't really stretch out. The rest should mould to your foot so should be fine.
I wore them w a pair of thick socks today and the right one stretched out and now fits like a glove. So I picked up a MTO pair from boots online in nutmeg. Anyone know if it takes the fill 12 weeks to make it to the US?

EndlessMike

Reaction score
After two months with mine I'm kind of wishing I had gone up a width. They fit nicely everywhere except my toes are just slightly squished unless I wear really thin socks. Oh well, it's not a big deal.

ATL007

Reaction score
After two months with mine I'm kind of wishing I had gone up a width. They fit nicely everywhere except my toes are just slightly squished unless I wear really thin socks. Oh well, it's not a big deal.
You mean from G to H or up a 1/2 for width?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads