RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I looked at those sites and it looks like the Baxters don't have internal leather lining any more. Cost cutting measure?

According to Baxter Boots own website, they still use the internal leather lining:

http://site.baxterfootwear.com.au/about.htm

2. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Senior member

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Great, thanks [​IMG]

4. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

My second pair of RMW Yearling Craftsman arrived this week, this time in chestnut. I'm still amazed at the quality and comfort at this pricepoint. I now own the standard yearling, leather sole (gy welt) craftsman in black and chestnut. Per a previous post in this thread, I really had hoped for a dark, dark brown as I've seen in photos, but it's not quite what I expected. Still very nice and I'm not at all unhappy. I'll grab the camera for some quick pics later.

Regarding shipping time from Barry at bootsonline, this order shipped on a Monday and arrived Friday to the US (Mass). I emailed him with the order (he already had my cc info) over the weekend and he processed and shipped the following Mon.

My last order took exactly the same amount of time, shipped on a Tues, arrived on Sat. It often takes longer for me to ship my expense reports to Chicago. Barry was a pleasure to deal with. Email responses were prompt and as indicated above, shipping was quicker than I ever expected!

I may have to order something with a rubber sole and rounder toe to mix things up for next winter. I wear the chisel toe blundstones now in bad weather but after wearing the RMW's for month now, the blunnies haven't seen much toe time.

5. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I know what you mean, Patrick. Once you find a superbly comfortable (and affordable) chelsea boot, such as RMW or Baxter, you'll find you'll be wearing them quite a lot. I know that's the case with me.

6. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

to sator or anyone who ordered veal craftsmens from nungar.

how long does it take for them to be shipped?

its been 6 weeks since the order was made and i'm wondering if they will ever turn up!

maybe i'm just a little excited to get them.

7. amce

amce Senior member

to sator or anyone who ordered veal craftsmens from nungar. how long does it take for them to be shipped? its been 6 weeks since the order was made and i'm wondering if they will ever turn up! maybe i'm just a little excited to get them.
    Haven't ordered from Nungar, I use Bootsonline. My veal Craftsmen were sent three weeks after order. Shouldn't really be any difference as the boots are made at the same place in South Australia. Given of course that the work load in the workshop can vary. My problem at the moment is that after three weeks manufacturing and two days shipping they've been caught up in customs for almost two weeks! Haven't received them yet! Cheers

8. amce

amce Senior member

My problem at the moment is that after three weeks manufacturing and two days shipping they've been caught up in customs for almost two weeks! Haven't received them yet!

Cheers

My MTO's arrived today, Monday. As I said above: shipped three weeks after order, about two days from Melbourne to Stockholm and then 11 days in customs and domestic mail, including the Easter long weekend.

They came with shoe bags, a tin of RM polish and a polishing glove. I also purchased RM red cedar trees. All in all a nice fit, maybe a little tighter than my Comfort Craftsmen but then I tried them on with warm feet as soon as I got home from work.

Will try to take some pics comparing the two, mainly the screwed sole to the Comfort welt.

Now I'm thinking my fifth pair. In mock croc.

Cheers

9. amce

amce Senior member

Can you post pictures when you get them. I really want to see how these will look. The chisel-toe with screwed sole sounds interesting.
    Helmut Newton I ain't. Hope this pic gives an idea of the difference between the MTO French Calf Craftsman with the screwed sole and the Comfort Craftsman Yearling both on the B543 last (chisel toe) http://i44.tinypic.com/20z1krn.jpg Cheers

10. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Nice pics there, amce. Nice to see others interested in the mock croc as well.

11. Wrigglez

Wrigglez Senior member

Got my veal craftsmens.

pics just out of the box.

from nungar,

great service, cheers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. amce

amce Senior member

Got my veal craftsmens.

from nungar,

great service, cheers.

Looks like we're two happy campers

Cheers

13. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I have two pairs on the way. Macquerie and Tamworth both with brass nailed soled made in yearling leather.

14. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Lovely boots there, Wrigglez. I'm sure you'll be well pleased with them.

15. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Got my veal craftsmens.

from nungar,

great service, cheers.

Do you have any Yearling boots, on the basis of which you could compare the leather quality? I've debated whether it would be worth it to get another pair, but in French veal...