RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

The Turnout has a rounded toe, while the Craftsman has a chisel toe. Both look very nice, IMO, although I (so far) only own a pair of Turnouts.

Ah yes.., that's why I went for McQuarie instead of Craftsman. So wouldnt McQuarrie be competing with Turnout?

I really should read this thread

2. sharpcelery

sharpcelery Active Member

Is some slip in the back of the craftsmans permissible? I had to move a half size up at the NYC store because my toes were very close to the end of the shoe. Of course, now the heel slips a bit when I walk.

3. bolle

bolle Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a question concerning the leather on my new craftsman boots. I ordered yearling leather and thats what is written on the box they came in. But on the inside of my shoes it reads: "9 1/2 FCF". 9.5 F is denoting the size I suppose and CF should stand for "calf". Now I am wondering if I got Calfskin boots instead of the yearling ones.

Thanks

4. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

5. Eagle

Eagle Senior member

Hi everyone,
    I have a question concerning the leather on my new craftsman boots. I ordered yearling leather and thats what is written on the box they came in. But on the inside of my shoes it reads: "9 1/2 FCF". 9.5 F is denoting the size I suppose and CF should stand for "calf". Now I am wondering if I got Calfskin boots instead of the yearling ones.

Thanks

Not sure if it will solve your mystery but, I too have a pair of RM Williams Craftsman boots in yearling. Looking at the interior of the boots, mine are imprinted with a CF as well.

6. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011

7. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Are RM Williams boots available in patent leather?

Let's hope not, huh?

8. bolle

bolle Member

CF is for chisel toe and flat heel

Thanks for the information!

I have annother question concerning the fit of the craftsman boots. I have a very low instep and even in the F-width the instep does not fit my feet. Does anyone have the same problems and could probably propose a solution for that?

Thanks!

9. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Insoles?

I've been wearing hard plastic insoles recently, and today I slipped them into my Craftsmen. I found they snugged up the instep perfectly.

10. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Insoles?

I've been wearing hard plastic insoles recently, and today I slipped them into my Craftsmen. I found they snugged up the instep perfectly.

I agree. I have the Craftsman in 10F. The fit was a bit loose. I put in cushioned insoles in and it was a bit snug. I replaced the cushioned insoles with "heel pads" and the fit couldn't be more perfect.

11. Inf

Inf Active Member

Let's hope not, huh?

Yeah. I didn't know if he was joking or not...

So excited, I have a new pair of kangaroo craftsman in chestnut in the mail! Second pair already, It's a slippery slope I guess. I can see why so many of you have big collections

12. Grayland

Grayland Senior member

Yeah. I didn't know if he was joking or not...

So excited, I have a new pair of kangaroo craftsman in chestnut in the mail! Second pair already, It's a slippery slope I guess. I can see why so many of you have big collections

They are awesome boots. I have yearling in chestnut and black and am considering suede. The price is great at this time, too.

13. sharpcelery

sharpcelery Active Member

Also, what happened to the nungar trading company? I've tried getting in touch with them by phone and email but nothing seems to work.

14. Tidybeard

Tidybeard Senior member

Ah yes.., that's why I went for McQuarie instead of Craftsman. So wouldnt McQuarrie be competing with Turnout?

I really should read this thread

Macquarie is quite a pointed toe and a sleeker last overall. Turnout is more rounded and slightly wider fitting.

15. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Here's my idea: French Veal Calf with the Comfort sole on the Craftsman last.

Has anyone ordered French Calf in a color other than Black and Chestnut?