• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blee017
This post made me order my first pair of RM Williams boots, Kangaroo Craftsman. I happen to wear Loake 6.5F (their medium width) so I ordered 6.5G from nungar .com.au. Steve promptly informed me that he had to order my pair from the factory. I will report back when I get them.

I am already thinking about getting a second pair but I'm afraid that Seattle's wet winter will not be kind to leather soles. I saw that RM Williams has what they call "walking/work" boots with rubber soles and am eager to learn more about them. Specifically I was wondering if they look/feel different than dress boots.

If you look carefully at one of the pages from the RMW catalogue I posted you will see a small picture hidden in the corner of a variant of the Craftsman with a non-slip composition sole called the Blaxland. The equivalent version of the Turnout is called the Wentworth. Although I didn't post images of it, there is something in the current catalogue called the "Comfort Craftsman" and "Comfort Turnout" that differ only in that they have a rubber sole and something called a "comfort innersole". Take a look through their website for pics. You can custom order any of the models with this sort of sole if you want something smarter for wet days.

The work boots looked awfully clunky to me and I barely took a second look at them in the RMW store. The leather is also of lesser quality.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone from SF simply must get these:
9a_1.JPG

blee017

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
What I really would like to see is a rubber sole counterpart of Yearlings; their casual look would go well with rubber soles.
Custom order through RM Williams is significantly more costly than purchasing regular models from on-line stores, though.
I will seriously consider Blaxland and Wentworth for my next purchase.

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by Sator
The work boots looked awfully clunky to me and I barely took a second look at them in the RMW store. The leather is also of lesser quality.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mmm...I don't see the Stockman's jodphur listed with a voucher price
frown.gif

blee017

Reaction score
nungar.com.au does have Kangaroo buckle boots under "Made to Order".

auto90403

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Mmm...I don't see the Stockman's jodphur listed with a voucher price
frown.gif

I recently emailed nungar.com to ask what "voucher prices" meant.

Does anybody know?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by auto90403
I recently emailed nungar.com to ask what "voucher prices" meant.

Does anybody know?

On-line Purchase

I have scored a minor coup for forum members. Just for you guys I rang up Steve of Nungar Trading Company today (I have NO financial interest in them at all):

http://www.nungar.com.au/

Normally voucher pricing is only offered to selected professional organisation members and the like. However, at my request Steve has agreed to sell to all forums members at the voucher prices mentioned on the item details of this webpage:

http://www.nungar.com.au/shop/items....124.168.17.139

All you have to do is mention "Style Forum special voucher price deal" when you order.
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...52&postcount=1

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the buckle boots.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Soph
I really like the buckle boots.

mmmm.... Buckle boots in Chestnut kangaroo are next on my list.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
mmmm.... Buckle boots in Chestnut kangaroo are next on my list.

Same here. Which place has the best deal on them? I am trying to work it out myself.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got email from Barry Michaels of bootsonline that my MTO Comfort Craftsman boots have shipped after 3 weeks, rather than the 4-6 weeks promised. Delivery in 3-5 days!

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Same here. Which place has the best deal on them? I am trying to work it out myself.

Well, aussiebushhats lists them only in Yearling (for 360AUS). Bootsonline has them in kangaroo, but only lists them in black, for 375AUS. Nungar has them listed in Chestnut Kangaroo for 340, so that seems to be the way to go. Not sure what the turnaround on them is; I'm still waiting for my dark tan Craftsmen, ordered from ABH, to arrive, so I probably won't be ordering any more RMW boots until I get the first pair!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by auto90403
Thanks, skalogre.
No worries, welcome
smile.gif
Originally Posted by grimslade
Well, aussiebushhats lists them only in Yearling (for 360AUS). Bootsonline has them in kangaroo, but only lists them in black, for 375AUS. Nungar has them listed in Chestnut Kangaroo for 340, so that seems to be the way to go. Not sure what the turnaround on them is; I'm still waiting for my dark tan Craftsmen, ordered from ABH, to arrive, so I probably won't be ordering any more RMW boots until I get the first pair!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Blast it! So it will turn out to around USD 300 by the end... But those jodphur look soooo good.

Jolly Green

Reaction score
Originally Posted by petng
Sator

How does the kangaroo leather wear? I have 2 boots made in the yearling leather and was not impressed with them. The leather creases too easily and also peels away like an orange skin if it gets nicked or scratched. I love the style, comfort and construcion of them, but their yearing leather really lets them down.

I assume from the otherwise positive response, that the above poster's experience is unusual? $200-250 USD (including shipping) for a pair of boots roughly equivelant to AE seems like a bargain to me.

Cheers,
D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads