• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started with Craftsman (non comfort) in 2008 but eventually settled on the round toe models (Gardner and Turnout). Both look good but the turnout isn't bulbous, just round.

L-R

Craftsman Chestnut 2008
Comfort Craftsman Choc suede 2018
Bestmade x RMW Suede Gifford 2019 (I think it's a re-named Gardner)
Comfort Turnout Rum 2020

DSC09917.jpg

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I started with Craftsman (non comfort) in 2008 but eventually settled on the round toe models (Gardner and Turnout). Both look good but the turnout isn't bulbous, just round.

L-R

Craftsman Chestnut 2008
Comfort Turnout Rum 2020

View attachment 1686996
Is the gardner more rounded than the turnout? Kind of difficult to tell from this angle

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the gardner more rounded than the turnout? Kind of difficult to tell from this angle
Yes. If I understand it correctly, the Gifford is based on the Gardner and is more of a work boot. The Craftsman and Turnout are on the casual side of dress boots.

aquatherm

Reaction score

L-R

Craftsman Chestnut 2008
Comfort Turnout Rum 2020

View attachment 1686996
Can you post more pictures of the Gifford please? What sole does it have? This boot seems to have been discontinued sadly

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Gardener boots in Saddle suede. Love the colour however one is noticeably lighter which is bugging me a bit
question - are you calling it "saddle" (like generically that color is saddle suede) or is that what RMW called it? Right now I heard the only suedes avail for custom are Havana, Black, Blue, Choco....

kit990929

Reaction score
I was searching around for a pair of Chocolate suede Chelsea boot, and i think the comfort craftsman one is quite versatile( it will be my first pair of Chelsea boot)
the price is affordable, but still want to know if there are any discount for this company's product. Like the black Friday sales or Christmas sales? Thanks a lot.:worship2::worship2::worship2:

stook1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone offer any perspective on Women's fitment for RMW? It seems that some of the models under the Mens section of the RMW site have sizes down to an RMW size 1 (the Gardener, for instance). I can't imagine that is a mens size. I've also seen on some sites that these models are considered unisex. Are the lasts used for the mens and womens lines the same? Do women tend to wear the "mens" line? Or do most women stick with something like the Adelaide if seeking a more traditional round toe RMW look?

JimC

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any perspective on Women's fitment for RMW? It seems that some of the models under the Mens section of the RMW site have sizes down to an RMW size 1 (the Gardener, for instance). I can't imagine that is a mens size. I've also seen on some sites that these models are considered unisex. Are the lasts used for the mens and womens lines the same? Do women tend to wear the "mens" line? Or do most women stick with something like the Adelaide if seeking a more traditional round toe RMW look?
I can't comment on fit or lasts, but I can tell you that around Brisbane, where RMs have been a bit of a uniform of sorts for as long as I can remember (at least 30 years), women tend to go for more delicate round-toe styles with brass screwed construction, IIRC, giving a slimmer profile. The Adelaide looks like it might be closest to what was far and away the most popular back in my day, which I think was called the Jodhpur (although Google doesn't give me much on that). You won't see many women around these parts in fuller boots unless they work the land.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.