• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

EdoubleD

Reaction score
I messaged rm about the chinchilla with rubber sole, as I thought they said The Chinchilla with a rubber sole is a made to order option which isn't available to order from the website and The image shown is incorrect.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I messaged rm about the chinchilla with rubber sole, as I thought they said The Chinchilla with a rubber sole is a made to order option which isn't available to order from the website and The image shown is incorrect.
Good old Rm!

Jykaes

Reaction score
That's still good news as I've been told previously they don't do the Chinchilla MTO with comfort sole. Or maybe it's just rubber with leather inner, who knows with RM...

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I’ve be bemoaning the RMW price-hike and the fact the Lachlan wasn’t on my radar a few years ago when this was exactly looking for (even wrote to RMW and asked if they could do something like a Craftsman with a rugged sole only to get a ‘thanks for the feedback’ reply).

Anyway, $500 US plus tax is just too much, IMO. But I just realized if I order Australian boots from the UK to the US I can get it down to $370 delivered. Better!

My question is, does anyone know if A Farley ever run a coupon code that works with RMW?

EUtroll

Reaction score
Thanks, sounds like we’re similar. Trubalance and Barrie are both size down half, so sounds like your true size is a 11.5us in other lasts.

How would you compare your 10.5 RMW to your 11? Are they they same model boots?
I normally go for a us12 unless it's a wider last. Not spoiled with those in Europe though.

I've got several pairs, both turnout and craftsman. I don't find a big difference between the different models, and between the sizes I mainly find a slight difference in length.

I've thought to experiment with the combination of width and size but just find William's boots not worth the price these days.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... I’ve be bemoaning the RMW price-hike and the fact the Lachlan wasn’t on my radar a few years ago when this was exactly looking for (even wrote to RMW and asked if they could do something like a Craftsman with a rugged sole only to get a ‘thanks for the feedback’ reply).

Anyway, $500 US plus tax is just too much, IMO. But I just realized if I order Australian boots from the UK to the US I can get it down to $370 delivered. Better!

My question is, does anyone know if A Farley ever run a coupon code that works with RMW?
I was going to buy from everythingaustralian but they didn’t have the black suede. If I get new ones again I’ll buy from there (or when I’m in Australia later this year..)

I bought from east dane and got 20% off just recently

JustinW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought from east dane and got 20% off just recently
I saw that sale, but they didn’t have my size-width in stock.

I could get my mum to bring them from Oz when she visits next March, but I can’t find them any cheaper there.

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that sale, but they didn’t have my size-width in stock.

I could get my mum to bring them from Oz when she visits next March, but I can’t find them any cheaper there.
The regular or comfort craftsman end up being $370usd if bought in Australia

What kind are you looking for?

HalfHuskyBite

Reaction score
Reckon any cobbler can replace the soles? Does is have to be RMW approved?
Just got mine resoled with Dainite soles from Timeless Shoe Repair.

Attachments

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Hello Crafty

Finally my RMW Stockyard arrived, the lenght is perfect, they are a tad wide specially in the instep but I solve it with running shoes orthopedic insoles that "rises" the arch so now they are perfect. Thank you very much.

I understand that RMW users does not like very much this model since is not GYW and don't represent RMW's glory but the 360 welt and the round toebox give them the heft I like and are very comfortable. Maybe next stop could be the Gardener in 360 welt if available. Thank you for shearing.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.