• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Wman

Reaction score
Difficult to tell from your pics but it’s a wide fitting H boot. I’d think it’s a tan or Vesta leather. You’d tell if it was Roo as you’d see the grain
Yep I'm usually a H fitting so took me ages to find one available. Bought it in the UK and the seller did say they bought it in Australia so no box. But got them for around £100 so no complaints either way

It's def not a kangaroo then as the grain shown is different to mine. Attached picture

If it was a vesta leather would it usually have a V written in the inner sole as I do see a 'V' randomly near the H CF part?

In the UK they don't sell this colour the normal craftsman but the closest colour to this is sold as a kangaroo craftsman tanbark colour (which is why I thought it may have been this)

Attachments

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep I'm usually a H fitting so took me ages to find one available. Bought it in the UK and the seller did say they bought it in Australia so no box. But got them for around £100 so no complaints either way

It's def not a kangaroo then as the grain shown is different to mine. Attached picture

If it was a vesta leather would it usually have a V written in the inner sole as I do see a 'V' randomly near the H CF part?

In the UK they don't sell this colour the normal craftsman but the closest colour to this is sold as a kangaroo craftsman tanbark colour (which is why I thought it may have been this)
Looks like yearling in that pic. Vesta is a matter, thicker leather, more industrial in texture and usually or work boot styles.

Wman

Reaction score
While I'm here, any advice from anyone to extend the life of these between resoling? I tend to wear out the back quarter of the heels in shoes in about 2 months and that's not even with much walking. Though I have heard these boots heels are abit tougher than normal shoes

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I'm here, any advice from anyone to extend the life of these between resoling? I tend to wear out the back quarter of the heels in shoes in about 2 months and that's not even with much walking. Though I have heard these boots heels are abit tougher than normal shoes
A Topy sole on the front would massively extend the leather life. Heal I’d leave.

Ma Lau

Reaction score
I'd love a pair of green gator craftsmans!
Speak of the devil.
My wife said those exact same words to me this morning when she saw the new website, I may be having my arm and leg amputated very soon.
RMW Green Gator.jpg

I hate RM Williams...........but I love their shoes.

Crafty Cumbrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speak of the devil.
My wife said those exact same words to me this morning when she saw the new website, I may be having my arm and leg amputated very soon.View attachment 1205462

Sweet Jesus!!

They aren’t my cup of tea, I do however have some green cordovan monkey boots though ...

Attachments

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speak of the devil.
My wife said those exact same words to me this morning when she saw the new website, I may be having my arm and leg amputated very soon.View attachment 1205462

That’s the picture that made me want some.

Jykaes

Reaction score
Question for you all, I've just picked up a pair of rums, big fan but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't condition rum because it would darken it. But I can't find anything about that now I own some, everywhere just says condition and use natural polish like normal. Any insight?

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Question for you all, I've just picked up a pair of rums, big fan but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't condition rum because it would darken it. But I can't find anything about that now I own some, everywhere just says condition and use natural polish like normal. Any insight?
I’m sure rm do their own rum coloured polish?

Edit: quick google and I can’t find rm branded rum polish. Natural polish or a leather balm wouldn’t hurt

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.