• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
How are you finding the fit? Did you get your normal size?

They look quite light in colour?
They are light, like a pale grey in reality.

I got normal size but they are a tighter fit which I’m hoping will slacken off with wear. Ok with thinner socks, I’d get a H if I wanted to wear with thicker socks.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yours do seem at lot lighter than mine tbh, though it maybe down to lighting
Yeah, I took that picture inside my office so only artificial light present. I will say that, while they can look darker, I've never felt that they were close to black. Really just my opinion though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone know about the lastest rm price rise?
Not seen anything.

Their seems to be a new kangaroo boot and looking at a uk retailers site suede craftsmen where they are putting a leather mid sole in which looks amazing but price is consistent with current stock.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Not seen anything.

Their seems to be a new kangaroo boot and looking at a uk retailers site suede craftsmen where they are putting a leather mid sole in which looks amazing but price is consistent with current stock.

I’ve seen a couple of Aussie sites stating the price will increase but can find anything out of/when it will hit uk market

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
I reckon maybe they are changing the Roo upmarket to align with the burnished boots.

29592868-264A-43DE-BBF1-076ECC8127B3.jpeg

EdoubleD

Reaction score
WHat style/colour boots would be best for summer?

Would like my next pair to be more of a warmer weather boot.

Tobacco suede or maybe cognac?

carlff

Reaction score
WHat style/colour boots would be best for summer?

Would like my next pair to be more of a warmer weather boot.

Tobacco suede or maybe cognac?
Dont know where you live, but even here in wet-and-cold Scandinavia I would not wear Chelseas during summer. RMs are typically Oct-April footwear.
But if you absolutely love sweaty feet I guess the tobacco suede could work. Or chocolate for that matter.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a summer color is going to be tan or straw. Like the GIlchrist above, or some of the gardeners I've seen.

Usually I can still wear boots (especially unlined) well into May. I work in AC, so even if I spend some time commuting/lunch, at the end of the day, I'm indoors with a constant comfortable temp.

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score
This came up of my facebook feed: $49 RM Williams Boots:
http://vipsrmwshoes.online/
They have a full range of styles and sizes
Has anyone bought from here?
Is it too good to be true?
It is too good to be true. 100% Scam. Please report it if it comes up.
Had the same thing with Mountain bikes. Carbon copy of a legit website. Similar URL.
Don't give your money away.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Dont know where you live, but even here in wet-and-cold Scandinavia I would not wear Chelseas during summer. RMs are typically Oct-April footwear.
But if you absolutely love sweaty feet I guess the tobacco suede could work. Or chocolate for that matter.

I’m uk based. Yes I wouldn’t be wearing Chelsea when it’s to warm, but was thinking for cooler summers tempts/evening

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads