1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. troika

troika Distinguished Member

It doesn't get a lot of love on here bc it's not a super common color for RMW sellers to stock iirc. Overall it's the second most popular color of suede after chocolate, so I'm not sure where your perception is coming from.

Also, it looks like CB is stocking Isaia now, so perhaps time to say goodbye to the codes...although, is there one now??

2. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Senior Member

I’d never heard of that brand to be fair and thought the price was a mistake until Google verified it was not!

Sweet Jesus! Think I’ll stick to boots!

3. troika

Ha yeah Isaia is pretty nice. They make some pretty great CM clothes and are also the parent company of Eidos

4. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

What a disappointment. At least you've gotten info from him. Still zero response from him on my end.

5. troika

Freddie sent me a nice New Years message apologizing for the poor service and promising to do better in the new year.

Still no word on my boots tho...

6. grads5

grads5 New Member

FYI to any Collier Bristow customers awaiting their order:

I was one of the unhappy customers of Collier Bristow before Christmas.

However, I have since received my boots (Yesterday) and am more then satisfied and will definitely not hesitate in buying from them again. Fair play to them for fulfilling orders and sorting out their problems.

I look forward to taking advantage of their great priced RM boots and the other brands they stock in the future.

Have a good one :)

7. EdoubleD

EdoubleD Senior Member

I hope they keep the codes! I imagine that’s a large part of there sales is down to people using the codes. If it wasn’t for the discount I wouldn’t of brought off them

8. troika

Gah, I had this long, philosophical message typed out. But I realized my pontificating on the current state of retail isn't helpful or interesting to anyone.

I will just say, at this point it's been over 2 months and I'm left with: one confusing email message, one email apology, but no shipping confirmation or ETA. At this point, I may not even be living in the same place as the shipping address from the original purchase.

Sure, I knew what I was getting into, but it's still bad CS. Even if they showed up today, I wouldn't reverse my opinion on the matter of poor communication.

9. BootSM

BootSM New Member

20190119_175431.jpg 20190119_175016.jpg
    I have just found out the New Bond Street store are currently doing a ‘Bring A Mate’ discount, so if you and a friend are both interested in Goodyear welted Chelsea boots or you are looking to purchase more than 2 pairs you receive 30% discount. From the vibe I got from the people instore they never discount their standard range so this is a great opportunity to invest. I grabbed myself 2 pairs and I have a friend going back before the discount ends. It is until the 27th January. So share with one of your mates and both of you will get a great deal, or bag yourself 2 pairs. You can call them on 02076296222. They do phone orders aswell!

10. Crafty Cumbrian

First wear for the black kangaroo MTO.

7A7C276F-A511-424F-9068-8E29AD06E797.jpeg

11. ausdertraum

ausdertraum Member

The official webstore is running the same promotion as well.

12. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior Member

What free stuff did they give you to be so satisfied st the end of the day??

13. Jason Kadushin

Jason Kadushin Senior Member

hi all - wondering if anyone has the tanbark and chestnut in kangaroo and can compare or give an opinion on versatility... (also heard that the chestnut 'roo has a richer color than the yearling 'roo, thoughts?)

14. rodneytrousers

rodneytrousers Member

Sorry for another fit question but I'm unsure if I'm going about this correctly. I've read over this thread (and many others) so let me know if I'm close:

I'm a 13B on the Brannock and have AE Park Ave's in that size which fit well. I want a pair of the Comfort Craftsman in Chestnut, does that mean I should get 12F? I live in Brooklyn so I've been able to try a couple different sizes but I feel the 12 may be a little long. However, when I go down to the 11.5F it feels like it may be a hair too short. Am I overthinking this?

I was going to order through Bootsonline to save some but they'd be MTO due to length and width and I don't want to end up with the wrong size.

15. Crafty Cumbrian

I think the tanbark are the best boots they make. Absolute belting boot, can be worn with trousers or look amazing with dark denim. Really comfortable
    and you can see the grain which I like. I have the Black Roo bit you can’t really see the grain which I believe to be the case with the chestnut which is why they aren’t as popular as the tanbark. You’ll not regret a purchase!

87A64522-D334-4D36-85CC-3B8F14D5BAD2.jpeg