• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
debating btw choco suede and nutmeg. (already have dark brown gardener and rum turnout). Initiatlly was not thrilled with the nutmeg but thinking it might be a good casual/spring/summer option. thoughts?
Nutmeg doesn’t spit for me either to be fair. The brown suede is a lovely colour and far more practical. Jeans, chino, suits even could be worn.

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Nutmeg doesn’t spit for me either to be fair. The brown suede is a lovely colour and far more practical. Jeans, chino, suits even could be worn.
agree re: brown suede. been checking every three months with RMW to see if they will do a MTO in that (they used to), but they now classify that as a "seasonal" leather and won't take MTO. (according to RMW customer service and nungar and boots online)

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Judging from all the posts since my last visit and photos uploaded, there really is no love for the tan suede boot. sad lol

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That comment is a cop out. Have you seen SLP the last 'x' number of years?

eyeheartny

Reaction score
That comment is a cop out. Have you seen SLP the last 'x' number of years?

Of course. Maybe I am thinking of a different color than you are. I don’t recall what post you made. I was thinking of the pair of milk/cream colored suede that were posted recently. Darker tans with more color saturation are of course popular. It’s those off white bone colors I was referring to. Repost what you’re commenting on?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you. Tan suede should be very easy to wear yet nothing about it on this thread. They looked nice in @dieworkwear blog.

I gave up personally and just went with a different boot. Not sure if I was ever 100% behind Chelsea boots to begin with.

tumblr_inline_oe50eijK3M1qfex1b_500.jpg

corgi invasion

Reaction score
Is the dusty brown MTO? or "off the rack"? I'm trying to order some MTO (F width) suede boots and the only options are Black and Choco - I've been obsessed with the tobbaco/saddle for some time but they won't do them...
debating btw choco suede and nutmeg. (already have dark brown gardener and rum turnout). Initiatlly was not thrilled with the nutmeg but thinking it might be a good casual/spring/summer option. thoughts?
the darkness of the nutmeg varies a lot in the shops - the really dark ones look the best to me. e.g. the ones here: https://www.blowesclothing.com.au/collections/rmw-boots

Last edited:

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with you. Tan suede should be very easy to wear yet nothing about it on this thread. They looked nice in @dieworkwear blog.

I gave up personally and just went with a different boot. Not sure if I was ever 100% behind Chelsea boots to begin with.

tumblr_inline_oe50eijK3M1qfex1b_500.jpg

That’s a good color. Would look great with black tapered denim, black tee, and a black fitted leather jacket—use the boots as the real pop of color. Or you could do a great outfit with white slim jeans, navy Henley, and a distressed denim jacket. I think the challenge with that pair isn’t the color or the leather but the toe shape. Chisel toe footwear are difficult to style IMO. I am a much bigger fan of the RMW Turnout toe shape.

mstacle

Reaction score
Anyone heard from CB this year? Also, is anyone else waiting on tobacco suede craftsman? I feel like the reason mine have taken so long is that they ended up being a custom order after they sold out of the initial stock. (Ordered 10/29)

Just heard from Freddie via text. He said he expects to receive my Tobacco Suede Craftsman some time in February. Told him I wish I’d known that in October! But on I wait...

aussiejake

Reaction score
I would take everything CB says with a grain of salt. Have had no indication as yet that they have any idea when some of these boots will arrive.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would take everything CB says with a grain of salt. Have had no indication as yet that they have any idea when some of these boots will arrive.

Exactly, he has given me so many dates that have come and passed. Waiting to hear back for a “new” date.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Judging from all the posts since my last visit and photos uploaded, there really is no love for the tan suede boot. sad lol

It doesn't get a lot of love on here bc it's not a super common color for RMW sellers to stock iirc. Overall it's the second most popular color of suede after chocolate, so I'm not sure where your perception is coming from.

Also, it looks like CB is stocking Isaia now, so perhaps time to say goodbye to the codes...although, is there one now??

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
It doesn't get a lot of love on here bc it's not a super common color for RMW sellers to stock iirc. Overall it's the second most popular color of suede after chocolate, so I'm not sure where your perception is coming from.

Also, it looks like CB is stocking Isaia now, so perhaps time to say goodbye to the codes...although, is there one now??
I’d never heard of that brand to be fair and thought the price was a mistake until Google verified it was not!

Sweet Jesus! Think I’ll stick to boots!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads