1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8 : Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction of the year is for an Enamel Odyssey Watch, courtesy of Atelier Wen. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. MaverickFerg

MaverickFerg New Member

I ordered a pair of Chinchilla burnished classic craftsman boots in 8.5 (hope they fit!) last week with the blackfriday50 code (which still worked!). I didn’t have very high hopes of getting them anytime soon based on the others’ experiences on here, but I couldn’t pass them up for that price! I didn’t hear anything for a couple of days but yesterday I got a DHL email saying they’re going to be delivered tomorrow! I’ll update if/when they arrive, but I couldn’t believe it!!

2. carlff

carlff Active Member

Thats great, xmas 2019 is all sorted then.

3. jischwar

jischwar Senior Member

Just got my official DHL tracking email as well.

4. Skirulz

Skirulz Active Member

i am expecting a dark tan and Adelaide's to come as well

5. brianoh

brianoh Senior Member

Just wanted to chime in with my experience with Collier Bistrow. Ordered a black craftsman comfort and a pair of cutler and gross sunglasses on nov 19, received them today. They were timely in replying to me and seemed to try to be transparent with me. Worth the wait for the price IMO, and sorry for those who have not received their orders yet.

6. brianoh

brianoh Senior Member

Lmao, I wrote up my review too soon, they shipped me the wrong boots. GOD DAMMIT THIS IS GOING TO TAKE FOREVER.

7. troika

troika Distinguished Member

17min apart. Amazing.

Wishing you luck @brianoh

8. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

You’re an optimist for thinking it’ll get worked out correctly. :eek:

9. Mikkelrl

Mikkelrl Member

Im considering getting a pair of turnouts dropped to width E to compensate for low instep (I float around in an F even), but fear they might look silly that narrow. Does anyone own a pair in width E they could share pictures of?

10. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Senior Member

Man, they would be narrow!

I find Rm look slim even in the G width (part of the attraction). I’d try a pair if you can first.

11. Kandkodos

Kandkodos New Member

Hi guys, first post ever. I love RM boots! Waiting for a pair of nutmeg CC's to arrive from a Collier Bristow order. In the mean time I bought a pair of black craftsman second hand to wear as beaters. There's a problem with the leather, however.

Doesn't look like the last owner conditioned their boots so I was going to start off with that and maybe fill in the cracks with some wax polish? Thinking of lightly sanding down the cracked area as well to help with absorption. What do you guys reckon?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

12. carlff

carlff Active Member

Sorry mate but those look way beyond repair. I would probably just give them a good conditioning using RMWs own leather products and then worn them as pure beaters.

13. Kandkodos

Kandkodos New Member

Darn, oh well. If it's irreparable I'm considering making a little project in sanding the whole boot down into a nubuck style.

14. Crafty Cumbrian

Crafty Cumbrian Senior Member

Weirdly the soles are brand new!

Have they had something put on that disagrees with the leather? My mates look similar after he used a yard brush with bleach on them
    one night!

15. Wrenkin

Wrenkin Senior Member

Those aren't the original soles.