1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. carlff

carlff Active Member

What do they say when you call them on the... wait for it.... phone?
    They didnt answer my emails but provided swift and polite response on the phone.

2. Skirulz

Skirulz Member

Apparently they have been swamped with emails.

3. JosephD

JosephD Well-Known Member

Hadn’t tried that up till now but will on your recommendation!

4. eyeheartny

eyeheartny Senior Member

Message on Instagram.

5. smc558

smc558 Well-Known Member

I phoned twice and was told the first time that outstanding orders would be dispatched the next day. The second time I phoned I was told that the chap was in the warehouse sorting out the orders, they had about 50 orders to deal with and that they would be dispatched the next day.

I don't doubt that intentions were good, however they should have withdrawn the discount code and provided a realistic delivery estimate instead of paying lip service to customers calling up to enquire as to the status of an order. They obviously don't have the stock or staff to handle the level of business received.

6. smc558

smc558 Well-Known Member

I received a swift and polite response on the phone as well, unfortunately my boots still haven't arrived despite me being advised they would be dispatched the next day.

7. Skirulz

Skirulz Member

They are receiving boots everyday from RM Williams for their orders and seems like sometimes RM has a delay as they ship it from Australia

8. troika

troika Distinguished Member

CB is a small company that wanted to put it's name on the map with a couple of strong discount codes that they knew would get people's attention. They also offered to honor the code with special orders and out of stock items (unheard of from other retailers iirc). They clearly got overwhelmed, and we can safely assume that they're not making any margin on these, so maybe we can give them the benefit of the doubt?

FWIW it took me 3 weeks to get mine that were in stock and ready to go from the first batch that wasn't posted widely.

9. smc558

smc558 Well-Known Member

I would tend to agree and I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt.

However they should now consider closing the offer and provide realistic waiting times to customers with open orders rather than continuing to advise that orders will be dispatched imminently.

10. troika

troika Distinguished Member

I get that, and wanting to make sure your order comes through is important. But unfortunately at this point it's a double edged sword and there's no winning here for CB other than to just work over time to fulfill every order. Sure, they didn't have to offer another 40% off code after a 50% code, but aren't you glad they did?

Cancelling a code early will just prompt a legion of people up in arms feeling entitled to their promised length of a discount code, or bombarding them for an exception or exclusive deal. Unfortunately, there's already a number of small makers and shops that refuse to do any kind of specials for styleforum and the internet in general because of this kind of pushback in the past. And I'm not even talking about Truman being a bunch of crybabies cuz they can't sew straight.

11. Skirulz

Skirulz Member

Sorry just a update that going forward only items that are in stock will be advertised on the website that can be shipped immediately. This would have had to been the best discount in the world so far offered by Collier Bristow and lets all be patient as we all got a chance to save a lot of money.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018

12. Skirulz

Skirulz Member

13. ubiquitous

ubiquitous Well-Known Member

Hey guys quick question on sizing. Been looking all through this thread and other sites still a bit unsure. Unfortunately, don't have a place to try on before purchasing.

I'm a 7.5E in AE Strands, 8.5 in most athletic shoes Nike, Adidas, and 7 in my Vibergs (believe theyre 2030), and using the sizing chart from RMW it would seem I'm close to a 6.5H. For those of you that have an H width, is the heel also significantly larger in width than the G? I have a wide forefoot, but fairly narrow heel and ankle so I'm worried about heel slippage on a chelsea style. Thanks for any help!

14. carlff

carlff Active Member

My take on sizing of Chelseas in general is that they need to be snug when new unless you want to be swimming in them later.
    It should also be noted that the G-width (standard) for RMW is far from narrow. I would not buy the H-fit without trying on. Things such as toe shape, instep and overall foot volume make a big difference to the feel of the boot and whether they will be the most comfortable or painful shoes for you.

15. EdoubleD

EdoubleD Well-Known Member

It appears cb have another sale on

Friends40 for 40% off..