• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mykii

Reaction score
Is it normal for my less than two week old RM Williams Comfort Craftsman to kink/curl this much?

UfLe6o6.jpg

I was sized as 6.5G since my brannock size is 7.5D.

Mine do not look like that after a few months of wear. Do you have ankle support/roll problems or is the shoe too big?

Reaction score
Mine do not look like that after a few months of wear. Do you have ankle support/roll problems or is the shoe too big?

I am flat footed but I think Barry from bootsonline.au sized me too large or I am perhaps a narrow size not regular.

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score
Reaction score

Just measured my feet via this guide: https://www.rmwilliams.com.au/boot-sizing-guide---video/video_boot_sizeguide.html?lang=en_AU

250.2mm length and 223mm width.

Roughly size 6 RMW and E - Extra Narrow. However I'm wearing my Darn Tough socks presently, with my slightly thicker socks I'd probably fit fine in 6RMW-F (narrow).

Debating on going 6.5 RMW and Extra Narrow as that may be better in case my feet swell more on days I'm walking about.

ShouldHaveStayedHome

Reaction score
I've got the fashion 3/4. They are an orthotic , not just a cushy insert. They're not super hardcore but do have a bit more support. You'll notice them to start with if you're not used to wearing them.

I have flat feet, and I wear orthotics in my work boots and runners. My old boots were comfortable but I got sore ankles/knees if I stood up in them all day. Orthotics have helped this a lot.

Thank you, do you use "fashion 3/4" or "narrow 3/4" from that company?
Thank you, do you use "fashion 3/4" or "narrow 3/4" from that company?

Snorpley

Reaction score
Aussie friends,
There are several RMW boots on sale at David Jones at present. A couple of suede boots (Turnout and Sydney - no Craftsman) for guys and several for the girls (Adelaides, etc. Not for those ones the discount is applied at checkout). I think in both cases you're looking at roughly a 30% discount.

International friends,
I'm not sure if DJs ships internationally I'm sorry. I seem to find some conflicting info there, so you may have more luck asking the question. For context DJs is probably(?) Australia's longest running department store at this point. They can certainly be trusted but have long struggled to bring their e-commerce up to speed.

Note it's only worthwhile to guys who take the standard G fitting. I'm not sure what the 'standard' Adelaide fit is (D or E), but I have seen it as D in other Aussie online stores.
Many sizes available though by the looks of the website.

Hopefully someone will have some luck addicting to their collections.

All the best,
S.

https://www.davidjones.com/sale/shoes?filter&aspect=Brand^R.M.+Williams

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 9.35.18 AM.png

camysue

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the comfort craftsman will stretch out in the toe box area a bit?

I recently purchased an old stock craftman in whiskey in a 6.5 G and it feels good everywhere except I can feel my toes touching the sides a bit (I have long toes). I have a yearling in 7 G which was slightly big so I thought 6.5 G would be fine. I tried the 7 G in store and my foot slipped way too much. I'm now thinking that I probably would have need a 7 in a narrower width, but like I said this is an old stock shoe and I really liked the colour.

Dr P00b

Reaction score
I've not found any give in the toe box area at all. My toes rub sometimes and I noticed it was wearing a little indentation into the inside of the box. Nothing to worry about if it doesn't annoy you but if you're hating it and hoping it will stretch, I'd be moving them on.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
First pair of RM’s.

Kangaroo Tanbark in a 9H fitting. Wasn’t sure if they’d be too wide but are damn near perfect and with the comfort sole is like wearing a magic pair of slippers.

Tremendously impressed with the boot and my wife hopes I don’t start buying these like I do Trickers!

78B7022C-B2EC-4F16-BE61-CA8A41E0F570.jpeg

Snorpley

Reaction score
First pair of RM’s.

Kangaroo Tanbark in a 9H fitting. Wasn’t sure if they’d be too wide but are damn near perfect and with the comfort sole is like wearing a magic pair of slippers.

Tremendously impressed with the boot and my wife hopes I don’t start buying these like I do Trickers!

View attachment 999680
Great choice, man!

Qzz

Reaction score
Recently picked up a pair of distressed comfort craftsman from RM Williams online. I feel like the quality is inferior to the factory second gardener I purchased from DFO Homebush:

- The black lining near the arch of one boot is a bit baggy and not flush against the beige lining, causing some unsightly creases in the lining.
- There are little globs of glue visible at various points where the upper and welt meet.
- The welt has a chunk of missing paint.
- The stitching on the back of one boot is a bit sloppy, not quite following the shape of the edge and skipping some stitches.

Should this have been sold as a second or are others experiencing these issues in non-seconds boots too?

04C12271-ED7E-47E9-B318-2D926B4A6749.jpeg
EC801DB9-5E7A-424D-8230-F234086FE572.jpeg
0A983E50-E308-46DC-91F5-0E42FC12E254.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics