RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Borky

Borky Senior member

Does bootsonline or nungar carry a return policy in case the boots don't fit? I'm not able to try them on anywhere (unless theres some secret place in DC).

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Does bootsonline or nungar carry a return policy in case the boots don't fit? I'm not able to try them on anywhere (unless theres some secret place in DC).

Ben Silver

3. grilledcheese

grilledcheese Senior member

Has anyone here purchased a pair of Craftsmans in suede? I've seen what they look like on the site, but I'm dying to see photos of them paired with some SF-style getups... Anyone?

One more thing for those with the rubber sole--how do you like them?

4. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Has anyone here purchased a pair of Craftsmans in suede? I've seen what they look like on the site, but I'm dying to see photos of them paired with some SF-style getups... Anyone?

One more thing for those with the rubber sole--how do you like them?

Oh god, they do suede? My credit card already hates me. Love the (kangaroo) leather, love the fit in the ankle and foot...but does anyone else have a problem with not enough arch support?

Tom

5. royxl

royxl New Member

Is there anywhere I can see some pictures of the sleeker boots on the B529 last described in the first post?

6. Borky

Borky Senior member

Alright, so I got some Craftsmans in 11F. The width is perfect (as recommended in this thread) but they seem to be a bit big and I think I have quite some room in the front area if I feel out my toe. They can be worn for sure (there is only a bit of sliding if I wear thin socks, .5cm at most), but I'm wondering if I should get 10.5Fs when I get the official pair from nungar?

I was quite snug in Allen Edmonds PA 11.5, but considering the leather on the RMW is so soft, will they stretch if they are snug in 10.5F? What's my best bet here?

7. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Alright, so I got some Craftsmans in 11F. The width is perfect (as recommended in this thread) but they seem to be a bit big and I think I have quite some room in the front area if I feel out my toe. They can be worn for sure (there is only a bit of sliding if I wear thin socks, .5cm at most), but I'm wondering if I should get 10.5Fs when I get the official pair from nungar?

I was quite snug in Allen Edmonds PA 11.5, but considering the leather on the RMW is so soft, will they stretch if they are snug in 10.5F? What's my best bet here?

Did the salesman measure your feet when you tried on the PA's? If so, what size did you get using the measurement tool? I'm wondering if that might be a better way to gauge size.

8. Borky

Borky Senior member

I got the PA's from Zappos.

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

10. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

I wore my Craftsman just yesterday, and would have happily worn them again today. Maybe I need to get a pair in suede or whiskey ...

11. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I wore my Craftsman just yesterday, and would have happily worn them again today. Maybe I need to get a pair in suede or whiskey ...
    I know how you feel. I find it hard not to wear mine everyday [​IMG] The only thing I don't like is that the straps are too long on my jodphur but my ankles are spindly...

12. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

My whiskeys are on order... Should ship next week, I'm told.

[​IMG]

13. Vintage Gent

Vintage Gent Senior member

I'm wearing mine for the first time today. What a damn fine pair of boots.

14. Borky

Borky Senior member

So can anyone offer some advice? Should I go for 10.5F considering I have some room up front in the 11s (esp in the left foot)? I don't want it to be too tight and uncomfortable, but will they really stretch well? I've never had boots or any high quality shoes before, really.

15. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

So can anyone offer some advice? Should I go for 10.5F considering I have some room up front in the 11s (esp in the left foot)? I don't want it to be too tight and uncomfortable, but will they really stretch well? I've never had boots or any high quality shoes before, really.

I can tell you that the kangaroo leather, as Sator mentioned, stretches a lot. FAST.
    Look at it this way, if it is still a little too tight width-wise on one foot, you could have cobbler stretch it a little for you.