1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. justsayno

justsayno Senior member

if it's too good to be true, it's probably a scam.

2. equesta

equesta Member

Hey all,

I just got this email from Nungar, apologies if this has already been posted, but looks like, on top of RM raising their core prices, they've stopped their MTO's "until further notice":

Quote:

RM Williams apologise for the inconvenience of the restricted supply of the Australian made boots.

Nungar Trading Co currently holds substantial stock of the popular core styles and in most cases we feel confident that we are able to fulfil orders without delay. Please note, if your order is unavailable and is placed on backorder, we will only be able to fulfil your order at our price at the time of supply.

Guess I'll give my MTO collection a bit of extra TLC for now... [​IMG]

3. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Very weird that their NYC store said they could place an MTO for me a couple days back. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the SA just wasn't up to speed. Too bad, as I really wanted a black suede comfort turnout, but was hoping to order through a third party for the significantly better pricing.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Could be the difference between MTO orders from discounting retailers and what I assume are full price or even premium price MTO through a corporate store. They may be looking good to bring the MTO in house.

5. 02///M3

02///M3 Senior member

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Either way, it's just hard to stomach the idea of paying $550 for a boot that for many years has been selling for half that. I'll probably drop back by the store in the next couple weeks regardless, so I'll let you guys know what I find out.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm enjoying wearing the Classic Turnouts I got from Nungar. Nice boots, but yes, not sure they are $550 boots.

I got an order in to Nungar for MTO kangaroo buckle boots in a wide fitting end of November, and at the time Steve said expect a February delivery. Haven't been charged for them yet, so if they come through great. If not, no big deal.

7. ausinusa

ausinusa New Member

Visited the Warringah RMW store over the holidays as I was in Sydney from the US.
    Apparently RMW are planning expansion into the US market, specifically Texas.
    The longhorn image/silhouette is trademarked by the University of Texas so RMW is (apparently) removing this from their current branding.
    At least that's what the rep said casually to me.

8. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

J

This could be a good thing but I suspect ithis an the MTo issues is a sign that the new corporate overlords are starting to flex their muscles

Yet another iconic brand (fill in the blank)

9. shortlefty

shortlefty Senior member

So all RM Williams will be $550 now? Seems pretty overpriced..

10. cezinho

cezinho Senior member

any source for RMW in Europe that might still on sale?

11. ausdertraum

ausdertraum Member

Best EU sale selection I've seen is at

http://www.cloggs.co.uk/brand/rm-williams/

No experience ordering there, I've been considering whether I need another pair...

1 person likes this.
  12. madeinsweden

madeinsweden Member

Regarding to the RMW Webshop the prices are up 10-11%. It is now a lot of money.

13. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

Kind of weird that they charge VAT regardless of where they ship.

14. eddyw

eddyw Member

Cloggs are very reputable. I have ordered from them in the past and they have been great!

Delivery wise I chose the free delivery and they arrived the next day, so if in the UK I would save on postage and go for free delivery

I just bagged a pair of comfort craftsman chestnut reduced 40%, with the RM price increase these are now a great deal at 50% discount rrp

Be good to compare the craftsman to my loake and cheaney and see if they are as good as some say

Edd

15. ausdertraum

ausdertraum Member

I've heard they do vat refunds. Try e-mailing them.

16. bojaka

bojaka New Member

Is Nungar still trustworthy?I have emailed them two times the last couple of days without receiving any reply.

17. Ozzmosis

Ozzmosis Member

I ordered from them a pair of the creftsman boot at discount and the service was good.

18. madeinsweden

madeinsweden Member

When did you place the order, and have you recived the boots yet? Did place an order myself right now. Couple of negative opinions about them, so I hope there is no scam. Did pay with the Mastercard so I can claim the money back from credit institut if a scam[​IMG]

19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Nungar have been around forever. But a lot of people/businesses in Australia are still closed for the holidays or not working much so it might take a bit for them to get back to you.

Sadly I think my next pair of boots will be Baxters rather than RM's once my 2 current pairs have had it. The prices have just become too expensive, even at my local RM outlet they are up to $350 for seconds now. I think I paid $275 for my last pair there 2 years ago.

20. sliq

sliq Senior member

Nungar still trustworthy. As Henry Carter says, shops are still closed from the Christmas break. Also keep in mind the shop is located in the sticks...