1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. rjonline

rjonline Member

Taken from the latest RMW catalogue:

Screw Sole Boots Diagram:

[​IMG]

Goodyear Welt Diagram:

[​IMG]

2. rjonline

rjonline Member

I also took some (low quality) photos off my phone from the boot section of the catalogue. Hope it helps someone since the website is really lacking information.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. Wuwei

Wuwei New Member

I just picked up these boots and am trying to identify them. They look like the Macqaurie but seem to have block heels... Any have an idea?[​IMG]

4. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  5. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

For those who has the kangaroo leather, is Lexol ok to use as conditioner or does it need any kinda special cream?

6. proteinnerd

proteinnerd Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. rjonline

rjonline Member

Saw these in-store. I think it would be a lot better if they left the leather off the sole, but I guess this would be more durable/last longer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. subtleStyles

subtleStyles Member

For those of you who felt the toe box in the Macquarie was cramped when you first got it, did the situation improve at all?

I wear 10D in AE 65/511, 9UK in Carmina Inca/Rain/Forest, 9UK in C&J 341, and 43 in Vass F. I got a pair of Comfort Craftsman 9.5G and they were way large, so for my second shot I went with a pair of 9F French Veal Calf Macquaries. After wearing them for a day I feel like my toes are a quite cramped, and the 4th and 5th toes are touching the toe box when walking (big toe is fine.) My toes are quite tapered, too (i.e. "Egyptian")

I'd like to get a few data points on if these will fit better after a while or if the last isn't for me (or maybe I have the wrong size...)

The boots also fit fine in the instep, ball, and heel, with thin wool socks.

9. leon12

leon12 Senior member

Does anyone know, is the number printed on the insole next to the size indicate the manufacture date? I just received a pair marked 2/16 and my prior pair is marked 5/14. The new pair has noticeably thinner leather that is a much richer brown.

10. milw50717

milw50717 Senior member

If you are toes are hitting the toe box with thin socks on then I'd say that that is going to a problem moving forward, especially if you spend a lot of time on your feet. The leather may give a little, but generally not around the toe box area as this will be reinforced to help retain its shape.

Better slightly too large than slightly too small in my book as adjustments can be made with various insoles and thicknesses of socks.

11. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

How much does it typically cost to get the elastic replaced on Craftmans?

12. accidentprone

accidentprone Member

Here are some more photos showing the differences between the Comfort Turnout and Comfort Macquarie that I thought might be helpful if you're trying to pick one over the other. Both boots pictured are 11G, and I wear 11.5 D in Allen Edmonds. The bottom line is that for a given size and width (at least for 11G), both models are pretty much identical up to the ball of the foot. They have the same maximum width, but the lateral side (outside edge) of the Macquarie tapers to the toe in a more direct fashion. The medial side on both (see photo below) is pretty much the same with a slightly more direct taper on the Macquarie compared to the Turnout. To help produce a more pointed toe, the Macquarie is a little longer.

For my foot, I could probably drop down to a 10.5 G in the Turnout but not the Macquarie since the sharper outside taper would hit my lateral toes in the Macquarie. I'm not a fan of tight boots since I'm on my feet for most of the day and because I don't like how the ball of my foot stretches the leather and disrupts the toe's nice lines by creating a bulge near the toebox. This isn't a problem with a slightly roomier fit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Quiet Observer

Quiet Observer Member

B168Y
    RM Williams Executive Boot

[​IMG]
    I have searched this thread and I did not find any information on this style of boot. Is there anyone on the forum who can comment on the fit? I wear an 11F in the craftsman boot with the screwed sole, but this boot is now only available in a G fitting. Furthermore I have been advised that it is standard practice to go down a half size when ordering top boots as there is no elastic or fastenings holding your foot in place.

14. Snorpley

Snorpley Active Member

Hey Leon, that's the production month/year for your boots.

15. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Senior member

Is it easy to remove the inner sole of the Comfort Craftsman? I would like to buy the Blaxland buy its impossible tog get it in Dark Tan or Rum after LVMH has taken over RM Williams

16. wxxnxs

wxxnxs Active Member

Today Qantas has announced new pilot uniform and RM Williams boots becomes part of it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. potter31

potter31 New Member

I've been thinking about getting a pair of "MACQUARIE" boots. Unfortunately, "MACQUARIE" boots are MTO and there's no way to try them on. My craftman size is 6.5 F as it turns out "MACQUARIE" only has one width i.e G. If anyone is interested in getting a bespoke/ MTO pair directly from RM Williams they will be launching detailed website sometime next week. Hopefully, they won't jack up the prices again.

18. equesta

equesta Member

I recently bought a pair of Execs, I ordered them from London and picked them up on my trip to Australia. The way the RMW store checked the fit was to try on a pair of "The Yearling" boots. It ended up being my usual size for Craftsmans. The Execs fitted fine - the only thing to keep an eye on is the calf, which could get pretty tight if you have chunky/muscley calves.

19. equesta

equesta Member

20. Wuwei

Wuwei New Member

Yes, that's it! Thank you. Do oh happen to know if they are made on the same last as the Macquarrie? The toe Shape seems very similar - at lead in the pictures I have seen.