RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

How much did they set you back as MTO?

(If you don't mind my asking...) I could probably look back in the thread and see if the answer is there already, but, well, I've already posted this q, so...

EDIT: I think I'm going to get me a pair with the rubber soles. That color is gorgeous. Did I mention that?

Same price as the others, about $240 depending on fx rate ($239.11 to be exact on this pair) shipped to my door. I need to find out if they do a dainite sole, that might be interesting for a suede pair. Steve at Nungar is a good bloke.

2. Sator

Sator Senior member

Steve at Nungar is a good bloke.

I've had quite a few conversations with Steve and I agree that he seems a decent, genuine Aussie bloke.

3. edmorel

I've had quite a few conversations with Steve and I agree that he seems a decent, genuine Aussie bloke.

Patiently waiting for the Sator-designed RMW boots [​IMG]

4. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

+1

I am now hooked!

5. Sator

Sator Senior member

Me too! Told you the whiskey is a great colour - nicer than Vass antique cognac even. By getting the right combination of leathers, lasts and sole constructions we are going to end up creating some absolute giant killers.

6. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

7. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Senior member

By getting the right combination of leathers, lasts and sole constructions we are going to end creating some absolute giant killers.

[​IMG] I SO cant wait for these.

8. lefty

lefty Senior member

The whiskey is very nice. I think it will take antiquing beautifully.

Another nod for Steve. He threw me a favour to compensate for a slight delay.

Any definitive response on the screwed vs. welted sole, Sator?

Thanks.

lefty

9. well-kept

well-kept Senior member

I've had a pair of Craftsman in kangaroo for a couple of weeks, my first pair. If I had to describe them in fewer than ten words... "Boots that feel like bedroom slippers." I love mine, a gift from my bro - a devotee.

10. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

I suppose I should give Steve a second chance. But I don't really have time or energy for dealing with these things over the phone, and Steve doesn't seem to have any patience for email correspondence. Maybe we're just star crossed. Of course, bad communication is better than not getting your boots (hello, ABH!).

11. edmorel

I suppose I should give Steve a second chance. But I don't really have time or energy for dealing with these things over the phone, and Steve doesn't seem to have any patience for email correspondence. Maybe we're just star crossed. Of course, bad communication is better than not getting your boots (hello, ABH!).

Interesting. I have never spoken to Steve over the phone. Everything has been done via email with only the time difference delay's. He actually just emailed me.

12. grimslade

grimslade Senior member

Well, that's a good data-point to have too. When I first tried corresponding with him, I couldn't even get him to answer my emails. But that was early on, before the Sator-inspired rush. Perhaps he's improved his bedside manner in the meantime.

13. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Same price as the others, about $240 depending on fx rate ($239.11 to be exact on this pair) shipped to my door. I need to find out if they do a dainite sole, that might be interesting for a suede pair. Steve at Nungar is a good bloke.

I'm hugely jealous. I've got to get a pair of those. Rubber soles sound perfect for winter wear, now that I have a pair of the leather soles for nicer weather.

14. Sator

Sator Senior member

Well, that's a good data-point to have too. When I first tried corresponding with him, I couldn't even get him to answer my emails. But that was early on, before the Sator-inspired rush. Perhaps he's improved his bedside manner in the meantime.

I gave Steve a few pointers about the fact the you guys will talk about your buying experience on-line and that he needs to build trust to establish a good reputation.

I will feed back to him the fact that all on-line buyers value communication above all else and that he is on the right track.

I think Steve is definitely devoting more time to internet selling as he is now getting a steady stream of business ever since my post. Until then he sounds like he was devoting more time to his farm which is usually a pretty full on occupation, especially given his razor thin profit margins (about $30 AUD for a pair of boots).

15. minimal

minimal Senior member

There's always bootsonline. They were fast & cheap, and good communicators too (and threw in a tin of polish for free, though that may be an anomaly since I tried to add it to my order late).

Plus their website has a pic of all the toes available, from the top, so you can really get a sense of what the look is...