• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MTLGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ap10046
Hi MTLGuy
I had a pair of C&J Yardleys (10.5UK)and I have a pair of RMW Craftsman Yearlings (10.5Aus) and I am very sure the C&J's are roomier up front (width wise).
I usually wear a 11-11.5 US. I always feel I should have ordered an 11 AUS.

Originally Posted by Rusty G.
I usually wear a size 10D in US sizes. I go with size 9 in my Crockett and Jones boots (UK sizes) and bought a pair of 9 in a black Craftsman. The boots are just a little too small, and I probably would have gone with a 9.5 (or maybe even a 10 if I had to do it over again.

Interesting, I had assumed that, if anything I would need to go to an 8.5F in RMW, yet both of you are saying you wish you had gone up a half size. I guess it goes to show that there is no magic formula. I took the plunge and ordered the Comfort Craftsman in 8.5G. We'll see what happens....

Thanks for the input.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rusty. G's experience is same as mine. My foot is also a US 10D. I typically wear UK 9 for C&J lasts like the 325 and such. A year ago I scored some craftsmen in 9G from Ebay and soon sold them because they were a bit tight in the toebox. Even the round toe like the turnout in 9G puts pressure on the sides of my foot. It may be true that they stretch, but a) it's risky, and b) the boots look a little funny when you size like this (the stretched area hangs a bit over the side.) Works for some, but no thanks. The 9H is huge, especially in the heel, so that doesn't work. In short, on most Williams models I need to size down only 1/2 from my US size and then go with a standard width. For me, US 10D = AU 9.5G in Williams boots (with the option, if necessary, of a quality superfeet insole to make up for any negligable extra volume.)

softbakedgoods

Reaction score
I suggest buying them from bootsonline.com rather than Nungar. It took nearly a month to arrive and I received the wrong sole preference. I wanted a leather sole but got a rubber instead. I tried to work with it but just couldn't. Steve offered a refund but I'd have to ship it back to him which costs $30 USD. So in the future, I'll probably buy from bootsonline.com..after I sell the one I have..

Rankiz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by softbakedgoods
I suggest buying them from bootsonline.com rather than Nungar. It took nearly a month to arrive and I received the wrong sole preference. I wanted a leather sole but got a rubber instead. I tried to work with it but just couldn't. Steve offered a refund but I'd have to ship it back to him which costs $30 USD. So in the future, I'll probably buy from bootsonline.com..after I sell the one I have..

O really? I sent Nungar trading 3 emails but never got any answers. Bougth from Bootsonline instead, and Barry took the hassle to phone me regarding a question and left me a phone message since they did not have the Comfort Craftsman with blaxland sole in stock, only poron sole, and asked if I still wanted the one with poron, or to wait until march next year for blaxland.

MTLGuy

Reaction score
Here's the update -

Just got my boots. Black Comfort Craftsman with composite sole in 8.5G (RMW sizes)(I wear a 9.5DUS, 8.5E UK in C&J). After reading a thousand posts about sizing I just took the plunge and went with the quick and dirty "size down one" method.

Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones, they fit perfectly. So comfortable right out of the box. Very impressed. Snug on the instep, spacious enough in the toes, and I can already tell that this poron insole is gonna be a dream.

I placed the order from bootsonline on December 8. They shipped on December 10. Arrived at my office in Montreal this morning. That is impressive. All the way from Australia. No extra charges.

Consider this an absolutely ringing endorsement for bootsonline.

etrayne

Reaction score
I am selling a brand new pair of Comfort Craftsman in the Chestnut color, size 9.5F. Recently received them from nungar and it turned out they are just a little too big on me. These are brand spanking new, never been worn outside, and only worn a few times around the house for about 15 minutes. They are in pristine condition. Let me know if anyone might be interested in purchasing them - otherwise I'll probably end up putting them on ebay. I paid a total of $345 U.S. - make me a good offer and they can be yours. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Gone 7 days from the day my RM williams boots got shipped and they're still not here.
smile.gif

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MTLGuy
I placed the order from bootsonline on December 8. They shipped on December 10. Arrived at my office in Montreal this morning. That is impressive. All the way from Australia. No extra charges.

Consider this an absolutely ringing endorsement for bootsonline.

I couldn't agree more. My two different orders from Barry at bootsonline.com (several months apart) took the same amount of time to process and arrived at my home in MA/USA in 5 business days...all the way from AUS. Couldn't ask for better service than that.

Glad yours fit so well. I'm still in the honeymoon stage a year later with mine!

DSC_0380_edited-1.jpg

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for Barry.

I recently ordered a stock pair from aussiebushhats who had to place the order with RMW and wait for them to be made. After about 8 weeks and no boots, I cancelled and called Barry who put a pair in the post the next day.

lefty

EndlessBreak

Reaction score
I purchased MTO boots from Barry on Nov 28 and was told they may not come until March due to the summer shutdown at the factory. Well, they were shipped on Dec. 15th and they arrived this morning! Also, Barry was helpful through the process. FWIW...I'm still waiting on a response email from Nungar after month.

I got brown suede Craftsman with natural finish on heel and sole (same as on pg 157 of this thread). They look great. Anyone got any good tips for preserving the suede?

FYI - For other Canadians...I didn't pay any taxes, brokerage, or duties. The value on the box said AUD 45...so that is probably why.

MTLGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrick_b
I couldn't agree more. My two different orders from Barry at bootsonline.com (several months apart) took the same amount of time to process and arrived at my home in MA/USA in 5 business days...all the way from AUS. Couldn't ask for better service than that.

Glad yours fit so well. I'm still in the honeymoon stage a year later with mine!

DSC_0380_edited-1.jpg

Are those the Comfort Craftsman or the regular Craftsman? It's only a matter of time before I grab myself a pair of brown to go with the black.

Edit: I think that's the leather sole on the brown ones so I'm guessing those are the regular Craftsman? Are the black ones the Comfort? I know they are supposed to be identical, but SF has made me wonder if the regular ones really are any sleeker than the Comfort model...

Silent Speaker

Reaction score
Look at the soles of the boots up on which the front ones are propped; both leather = all normal craftsman I guess.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MTLGuy
Are those the Comfort Craftsman or the regular Craftsman? It's only a matter of time before I grab myself a pair of brown to go with the black.

Edit: I think that's the leather sole on the brown ones so I'm guessing those are the regular Craftsman?

Originally Posted by Silent Speaker
Look at the soles of the boots up on which the front ones are propped; both leather = all normal craftsman I guess.

Both are standard craftsman.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads