• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You won't garner the same respect as world renowned boot maker RM Williamzzz.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have all the respect I want and need. From those that know what they're talking about, Baxter Boots have been around a lot longer than RMW and are a very respected firm producing a very respected product. People that know about boots/footwear know this. Both companies produce very fine products.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
I have all the respect I want and need. From those that know what they're talking about, Baxter Boots have been around a lot longer than RMW and are a very respected firm producing a very respected product. People that know about boots/footwear know this. Both companies produce very fine products.

+1

Cheers

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are correct thewraith, however not many people are in the know thus u won't get street cred from plebs.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When wearing them, you can't see the label. They're wholecut chelseas, so those self same 'plebs' will probably think they're RMWs anyway.

However, I could care less what the 'plebs' you mention think, or anyone else for that matter. They're great looking boots, they're great quality boots. That's all that matters to me.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be. Their factory is still in Goulburn, though on the other side of town to the gaol (if I remember correctly. I haven't been that way for years). They have a store on Goulburn's main street (Auburn Street) as well, where they sell all their products.

rayuela

Reaction score
Finally got around to having the cobbler remove about one and a half levels on the heel of my comfort craftsman and the difference, to me, is huge. They are much more comfortable shoes, and I find myself reaching for them every day instead of just for a special occasion. I was afraid that altering the heel might throw of the balance of the shoe or something but it has only improved things for me.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rayuela
Finally got around to having the cobbler remove about one and a half levels on the heel of my comfort craftsman and the difference, to me, is huge. They are much more comfortable shoes, and I find myself reaching for them every day instead of just for a special occasion. I was afraid that altering the heel might throw of the balance of the shoe or something but it has only improved things for me.

Excellent. Glad to hear things have improved for you.

jeangenie

Reaction score
This weekend I will be making my first RM Williams Purchase (2 pairs). I was wondering if I should buy the RM Saddle Dressing, and Polish (1 Chestnut, 1 Black) or if I should buy a Saphir Conditioner/Polish. Thanks again for all of your replies!

Lear

Reaction score
Repeat post from the shoe Appreciation thread. Though I'd post here as well, just to annoy you all
devil.gif
Comfort Craftsman in Black Yearling:
black_2.jpg
black_toes.jpg

rbny

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lear
Repeat post from the shoe Appreciation thread. Though I'd post here as well, just to annoy you all
devil.gif

Comfort Craftsman in Black Yearling:

black_2.jpg

black_toes.jpg

Not annoyed but jealous-how did you get that shine and what did you use? I have recently added a black Comfort Craftsman in Yearling to my footwear rotation and hope to get it close to looking like that!
worship.gif

Lear

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rbny
Not annoyed but jealous-how did you get that shine and what did you use? I have recently added a black Comfort Craftsman in Yearling to my footwear rotation and hope to get it close to looking like that!
worship.gif

Rbny, I don't think you understand. Many SF members consider it a crime against footwear to bull your RM's. I've been run out of town for simply doing this: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...40#post3148240 I don't want to dilute this excellent thread by going off-topic on polishing. All will be revealed by a search on "shoe shine". If you're still not achieving the results on yearling leather, PM me and I'll confess everything. Cheers Lear

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new here, and I am figuring out what Craftsman boots I'll get.
I'll probably go for a 9,5F Kangaroo Craftsman in chestnut, but, after reading the first 20 pages of this thread, I still have some questions.

1) I find watertight shoes important. Which type of welt or soles should I get then?
2) Is the comfort craftsman boot seriously more chunky than the regular craftsman? Or is it only marginal?
3) The creasing of kangaroo leather, is that purely an esthetic issue or does it influence quality in some way?

I have 1 pair of boots, Blundstones, and I use them properly and intensively everywhere (for instance kicking rocks and so on). So after a while they look rather worn, but with some leather conditioner they look remarkably nice again. So:

4) Is this the same with Kangaroo leather shoes?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads