RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. fxh

fxh Senior member

[​IMG]

Naturally like all Australian sportsman men he prefers cross dressing to really relax

2. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Thank goodness he's well out of the political picture...

3. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

CURRENT LINE UP Pic one L-R missing from pic Stockman Kangaroo Chestnut Brass Screwed Sole (MTO) on order Craftsman Yearling Chestnut Storm Welt Sole Craftsman Yearling Claret Brass Screwed Sole (MTO) brand new Macquarie Yearling Black Storm Welt Sole ** Stockman Kangaroo Black Storm Welt (MTO) Pic two - 3 dress boots I have decided that the Stockmans (buckle boot) will be for casual wear and the three in the middle will be dress. If I could start again, the three dress boots would all be brass screwed sole and all the Macquarie; and the two Stockmans would have storm welted sole. Note how the two month old Stockman looks more aged than the 18 month old Macquarie. This for me once an for all answers the debate about whether the Stockman is a casual boot or a dress boot - it's defo ideal for jeans, although it looks ultra dressy when brand new. ** Macquarie soon to be replaced by Macquarie in French Veal leather with Brass Screwed Sole
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

FRIDAY FUN

The wife is shopping all day with her sister. So I'm indulging in my passion of conditioning, polishing and buffing all my shoes and leather accesories.

If only the missus knew [​IMG]

There's a nice close up on the new Claret Craftsman. I was lucky to find a good match with the belt by pure chance.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

STOCKMAN POLISHED

or, as polished as they're going to be.

there's also a close up of the roo leather

some of the following pics with jeans by popular demand
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

CLARET CRAFTSMAN with BLACK JEANS

Just for a laugh, I put the claret boots on with the grey/black jeans

Hmm, surprising it looks OK. And, if you got the right shirt.... [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

CRAFTSMAN v CRAFTSMAN The brass screwed sole for 'dress' wear wins it for me
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

CRAFTSMAN TOE v MACQUARIE TOE

Two pics showing the difference in the toe.

I'm pleased how well the uppers have kept on the 18month black Macquaries
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

MACQUARIE Whilst I think the Stockman is the best design, the Macquarie really is my favourite boot to wear. I love the pointed toe, and as these pics show - I really need the have the new ones with the brass screwed sole. The soles on the first pic remind me of Doc Martin boots that I wore years ago, and they look quite clunky in the third pic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

MISC. INFO The fit of the Craftsman and Macquarie boots are excellent. My new Craftsman Claret boot are tighter than the other two and I need to angle and shuffle my feet a couple of times to get them in - buit once in the boot, they fit like a glove. The Stockman (for me) is the poorest fit of all. My feet (lenghthwise) seem to fit OK into the boot, but even if I buckle up to the last hole, the neck of the boot isnt tight enough, and the inside of the boot feels too roomy. If I wear thick socks, it's better - but still not a good fit fit. I'm wondering for future if I should go down half a size - although as mentioned before, lengthwise seems OK, it's just the fit. Perhaps the solution is a narrower fit than G. I'm defo going to stick with RM Williams (but no Whisky for me) - the size options, colours, quality, fit and VFM cant be matched anywhere. Hope this info is helpful..., more than anything, I basically wanted to point out that the Craftsman and Macquarie do not fit the same as the Stockman. Must tidy up now.., the missus will wonder what I've been doing all day [​IMG]

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

awesome pics of the new claret craftsman. mind asking what you paid for this MTO?

also, why no Whisky?

12. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I needed a pair of winter boots, something with a lugged sole and waterproof. I looked hard at another pair of RMW's but in the end, I couldn't pass up the practicality and price of the Blundstones. I went with the original Blundstone 500's in stout brown, a lovely dark, dark, brown. They certainly aren't anywhere near the handcrafted quality of my beloved RMW's, but they do work well while shoveling snow and sledding with the kids. I absolutely love the color and wish I could get a pair of craftsman in this color. The leather was stiff out of the box. When comparing a mass produced boot like the Blunnies to the RMW's, the difference in the leather's quality is very apparent. Not to say the Blundstones are poorly made, but the quality of leather is like night and day (as expected). My RMW's have held up very well this winter. I don't wear them in snow and ice, but I have been caught in some pretty heavy rain. Who would have thought Phoenix in February would have me puddle jumping in a virtual monsoon ? I think I've only polished them once. I apply RMW's branded Leather Conditioner about once a month (or more if they seem like they need it or see more wear). I prefer a matte finish as opposed to a real shine and the conditioner works perfectly. I can wear them with business attire and casual attire alike. I love the versatility. On a side note, they are even easy to don/doff going through TSA checkpoints at airports (something I do almost every week). [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Thanks Tez and Patrick. This thread suddenly became informative again.

14. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

More picks of Stockmans with jeans (Iron Hearts S634 if anyone cares). These are size 11.5 G. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Tez Mulan

Tez Mulan Senior member

awesome pics of the new claret craftsman. mind asking what you paid for this MTO? also, why no Whisky?
    1. I'd have to go back thru my credit card statements. I can tell you that I ordered the Macquarie 2 weeks ago - French Veal & Brass Screwed Sole and they were AUS$315.., I'm certain the Craftsman were less than that.
    2. I can certainly see from the pics here that the Whisky is a good looking color, but I just dont fancy it!