Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

The 7G RMW recommendation is consistent with your 8D foot.

Sizing up in length to 7.5 while sizing down in width to F often works for people. Some opt for this adjustment in an effort to retain a good fit while achieving a sleeker look.

8G will very likely be too long and too wide for an 8D foot.

That there is pretty much how it stands. I don't think you can get much more sizing info without getting your actual feet into some actual boots and seeing what works.

2. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

I like the greasy kip yard boot in chestnut but I'm not a fan of the rubber / composite sole. Checking into a leather sole...

3. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Ok I'm up to page 60 and things are even m[​IMG]re confusing now...[​IMG]
    Anyway, I've concluded that I more-or-less have the same size feet as Sator, which makes things easier.

Can they make the stockman in F width or smaller and yearling leather?
    I really like the stockman but if I'm size 7F in yearling craftsman, wouldn't a 7F kangaroo leather jodhpur be too loose?

I don't really like rubber soles, although that may be a future purchase...
    I'm just wondering what to do if it randomly rains all of a sudden and doesn't stop for a few hours.

(note to self: size 6.5G Measurements recorded on the outsole: 11 1/4" x 4 1/4")
    ---
    Also.. this thread's dyin.. can we get some WAYWT style pics please?

4. amce

amce Senior member

Also.. this thread's dyin.. can we get some WAYWT style pics please?

Agree with you. It's getting somewhat repetitive. Most of all the questions posted here lately about combinations of sizes, soles, leathers, heels and so on are answered in the boot section of RMW's catalogue. Available for browsing or downloading on their website.

Cheers

5. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

nvm. fuuuck it!!! 4 week to wait to see if this works out and if not I'll be sellin some shoes on the forum and wait another 4 weeks for results..

btw anyone have a good picture of some black yearling/kangaroo stockman? I saw one pic but can't find it anymore

6. 37degrees

37degrees Member

Gentlemen,

I am moments away from ordering a macquarie in chestnut. I have two questions that I hope you may be able to help me with.

1. The leather soul - should I go for a screwed leather soul or do I run the risk of the boot looking too fem?

2. One boring size question. I am a 7.5H in the CC - I am thinking 8G in the Macquarie. What do you think?

Tez - you have a fine collection and I am tempted to see pics of how your Macquarie with brass screwed soul turns out, but I fear that I can't wait that long.

7. Ged

Ged Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

I am moments away from ordering a macquarie in chestnut. I have two questions that I hope you may be able to help me with.

1. The leather soul - should I go for a screwed leather soul or do I run the risk of the boot looking too fem?

2. One boring size question. I am a 7.5H in the CC - I am thinking 8G in the Macquarie. What do you think?

Tez - you have a fine collection and I am tempted to see pics of how your Macquarie with brass screwed soul turns out, but I fear that I can't wait that long.

Get the screwed sole, it just looks sleeker not fem.
    Definitely go to 8G for the narrow medium toe, it'll be the about the same width across the ball of the foot but will give you a bit more toe room.

Ged

8. sammy

sammy Senior member

I wear a 6.5 G in the Craftsman. Should I get the same size in the Macquarie?

9. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

I really like this color on the left.. original poster labeled them as "dark brown oxhide"..
    Is this kind of leather suitable for work boots and how do you put in an order for this kind of leather.. oxhide = willow?
    If not, is it possible to get this similar color in yearling?

Also, are all these colors available in yearling? http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/2af7b969/96

[​IMG]

btw, anyone mind showing some full body frontal pics of black or chestnut stockmans worn with jeans? Side view would be very much appreciated too. Thanks!

10. 37degrees

37degrees Member

Thanks Ged,

Just what I needed. Boots now on order.
    I'll post pics when they arrive.

11. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

I can do it. If they don't turn up in the next day or so, you may want to PM me.

btw, anyone mind showing some full body frontal pics of black or chestnut stockmans worn with jeans? Side view would be very much appreciated too. Thanks![/b]

12. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

I really like this color on the left.. original poster labeled them as "dark brown oxhide"..
    Is this kind of leather suitable for work boots and how do you put in an order for this kind of leather.. oxhide = willow?
    If not, is it possible to get this similar color in yearling?

Also, are all these colors available in yearling? http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/2af7b969/96

[​IMG]

btw, anyone mind showing some full body frontal pics of black or chestnut stockmans worn with jeans? Side view would be very much appreciated too. Thanks!

Those boots on the right are just exquisite [​IMG]

13. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

agreed, sweet color.

I want another pair, but my last trip to Vegas was a disaster, so discretionary funds are low right now [​IMG]

is there any place at all to buy RM's on sale, or have you guys resigned yourselves to just paying full retail at Boots Online, etc?

14. DECEMBER

DECEMBER Senior member

Yea pretty much.. and look out for the occasional steal on ebay / forum.
    I want my brass screwed so I'ma order from bootsonline.

btw, found this pic posted by voxsartoria in WAYWT, but can't tell if these are craftsman or a round-toe.

[​IMG]

15. DrZRM

DrZRM Senior member

Those look like the forum special...or maybe just a bushman, certainly a round toe.