• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade

Here's the 11.5G next to a Park Avenue 11.5 EEE. As noted, the PAs are maybe ever so slightly longer, despite theoretically being a size smaller:

rmw06copy-vi.jpg

Same two shoes again, showing (hopefully) that they are pretty much the same size:

rmw07copy-vi.jpg

If I could take a picture with the soles right against each other, the size similarity would be even clearer. Anyway, I thought this might interest those still struggling with RMW sizing issues.

Due to these photos, what is the reason that I would size down to 7F or even 7.5F in RMW yearling craftsman when I wear Allen Edmond PA in 8D? Wouldn't the ball of my foot sit in the wrong spot if the length is too short?

NewcastleWA

Reaction score
Again, apologies to the forum for the personal communication ...

Mr Sancho,

Got your PM but can't respond until I have 2+ post (which I think this post will satisfy). What is your asking price including postage (I'm located in the Seattle area)?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Newcastle, you can always make a short relevant comment on any thread to satisfy your post minimum, and then go ahead and pm. Just a thought (if you want to keep your negotiations private).

Sancho Panzo Christ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewcastleWA
Again, apologies to the forum for the personal communication ...

Mr Sancho,

Got your PM but can't respond until I have 2+ post (which I think this post will satisfy). What is your asking price including postage (I'm located in the Seattle area)?

hm, that's quite strange that you have to have 2 posts in order to pm. anyway, i'd prefer to negotiate via pm, so i'd do what Trapp recommends, then send me an offer. i think that including shipping i paid a little bit less than $300 u.s for them. i'm in michigan, so shipping shouldn't be that much.

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
Pics of this one will be appreciated by all of us, I'm sure.

Cheers

These are screwed sole Macquaries in Black Veal I had made for my wife. They are only size 5 but you get an idea of what it would look like in a man's size.

Ged

IMG_2806.jpg

IMG_2807.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan
are you sure they're brass screwed sole?

Yep sure. The above view shows it the best. Maybe it's my poor photography, but they are definitely brass screwed and definitely a lot sleeker than my welted ones.

Ged

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have question I am about to place order from Steve. I tried 10 G in Craftsman Yearling and they seem to be just right if I wear THICK hiking socks. If I wear THIN dress socks they seem to be tiny bit loose.
What is the consensus among those of you who bought Craftsman in French Veal Calf. Do they stretch? Should I order 10 F. The length wise boots are good I am only concerned with width.

DECEMBER

Reaction score
hmm.. is it possible to have storm welt brass screwed and what's that look like?

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably possible but it might look strange. Wouldn't a storm welt on such a fine edge protrude a bit, creating a small but unsightly lip (and defeating any aestheric advantage to having brass screwed soles to begin with?)

DECEMBER

Reaction score
I see...

I'm still having trouble nailing down the best length to go with on RMW craftsman.
I'm thinking of having some MTO since there is now a waiting time for RTW RMW craftsman.

I'm either 8D or 7.5E in Allen Edmond PA's,

There are pictures of a size 11 RMW compared with a size 11 Allen Edmond on page 9, showing that they are the same length, but then again these are different lasts so maybe the RMW is meant to be shorter.

That's I'm having trouble deciding between 8F, 7F, or 7.5F
Would a 7 in RMW actually be a 7 in US sizing and not actually an 8?

which would be most snug & comfortable?

DECEMBER

Reaction score
yea. that's what I'm lookin for.. need more pictures.. especially of people wearing the stockmans.

Can someone kindly give me a good suggestion for my last question? Thanks!

Ged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DECEMBER
I see...

I'm still having trouble nailing down the best length to go with on RMW craftsman.
I'm thinking of having some MTO since there is now a waiting time for RTW RMW craftsman.

I'm either 8D or 7.5E in Allen Edmond PA's,

There are pictures of a size 11 RMW compared with a size 11 Allen Edmond on page 9, showing that they are the same length, but then again these are different lasts so maybe the RMW is meant to be shorter.

That's I'm having trouble deciding between 8F, 7F, or 7.5F
Would a 7 in RMW actually be a 7 in US sizing and not actually an 8?

which would be most snug & comfortable?

FWIW I have AE MacNeils in 8EEE (I wish I'd got 8E as the EEE are too big). I find RMW 8G and 8H to be my best sizes. The MacNeil is on a different last to the Park Avenue, I believe it's shorter. Everytime I've had RMW fitted they've advised me to go a little long.

Ged

DECEMBER

Reaction score
GED, what's your measurement on the brannock device?

I've been recommended to go 7G in RMW though I measure exactly 8D on the brannock and wear 8D AE PAs. I just want to know if 8F is definitely too long that it would cause the heel to slip.

is there anyone else here that measures 8D? let me know what size you wear in RMW and how it fits, thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads