• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potter AB
Give them a phone call or do visit them again with a smile on your face. What counts are your feet. Don't think of all the explanations, just think of your feet! If something goes wrong, everything tends to go wrong. Ask if you can try a 7.5G in order to be 1000% sure. Then you'll know. Otherwise you'll always think "If only I had...''
They are interested at keeping you as a customer too, so give them an extra chance and be honest with your feet
thumbs-up.gif

Yeah ok. I can do that. But then what? If a 7.5G fits perfectly?
Also I'm just wondering if it's better to go wearing a pair of thick socks or a pair of normal business one. Or does it not really matter, just go in a pair you're more likely to wear with RMs.

Also lastly, when I went their on Friday I asked for a pair of their boot trees, and it's $79.95. Is that too expensive? I didn't get it 'cause they didn't have any stocks anyway. Is there better/cheaper options around that goes with RMs?

Smudge

Reaction score
Wear socks you'd expect to wear with your RMS; on a side note, be aware that your feet will swell throughout the day, especially in this heat (37 degrees in Sydney today) so you might want to try boots on first thing in the morning. Will give you a more "accurate" fit. Good luck.
Originally Posted by vasili_leung
Yeah ok. I can do that. But then what? If a 7.5G fits perfectly? Also I'm just wondering if it's better to go wearing a pair of thick socks or a pair of normal business one. Or does it not really matter, just go in a pair you're more likely to wear with RMs. Also lastly, when I went their on Friday I asked for a pair of their boot trees, and it's $79.95. Is that too expensive? I didn't get it 'cause they didn't have any stocks anyway. Is there better/cheaper options around that goes with RMs?
I use some trees I got at Coombs (Strand Arcade), they were $45 from memory and seem to do the job.

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smudge
Wear socks you'd expect to wear with your RMS; on a side note, be aware that your feet will swell throughout the day, especially in this heat (37 degrees in Sydney today) so you might want to try boots on first thing in the morning. Will give you a more "accurate" fit. Good luck.

I use some trees I got at Coombs (Strand Arcade), they were $45 from memory and seem to do the job.

Oh ok thanks for that. Are they cedar as well? I'll check them out.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The other side of that is to try the boots on in the afternoon, when your feet are at their largest. If it's a close fit, you otherwise run a risk of buying boots that are comfortable only for the first few hours of the day. That's no good.

ferguscan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trapp
The other side of that is to try the boots on in the afternoon, when your feet are at their largest. If it's a close fit, you otherwise run a risk of buying boots that are comfortable only for the first few hours of the day. That's no good.

I doubt it. These boots do stretch.

Stuart

potter AB

Reaction score
Yeah ok. I can do that. But then what? If a 7.5G fits perfectly?

Well, yes, that is what it is all about: a perfect fit. It is just too important a matter for your feet.
That is step 1.

"Then what", i.e. the practical thing about the boots you have now, is a question for later, when you know if 7.5G fits perfectly. That is only step 2. Because if 7.5G does not fit perfectly, the thing is clear. And if it does; then you'll have to make a deal, e.g. let them suggest what they propose in this case. As told before, if something goes wrong, it very often really goes wrong.

Don't worry about step 2, concentrate on step 1. Do it now, because in 2 months it's too late. Your feet shall feel comfortable
teacha.gif

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by potter AB
Well, yes, that is what it is all about: a perfect fit. It is just too important a matter for your feet. That is step 1. "Then what", i.e. the practical thing about the boots you have now, is a question for later, when you know if 7.5G fits perfectly. That is only step 2. Because if 7.5G does not fit perfectly, the thing is clear. And if it does; then you'll have to make a deal, e.g. let them suggest what they propose in this case. As told before, if something goes wrong, it very often really goes wrong. Don't worry about step 2, concentrate on step 1. Do it now, because in 2 months it's too late. Your feet shall feel comfortable
teacha.gif

They have already said they can't exchange for another pair as I've already worn this pair which was already an exchanged one. The girl on friday said they can send this pair back to the workshop have something I don't really remember what done to it, and offer me another pair for a cheaper price. So essentially it means I'll have to buy another pair, albeit at a lower price.
eh.gif
And I can probably live with these by wearing thick socks and having those insoles. But I'll make absolutey sure the next pair I get(which I'm already contemplating now), I'm gonna try on all the different 7.5s first.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^... OR, if you're dead set on buying another pair anyway, stop using the ones you got now so you can negotiate for a good price when you decide to sell them [eg, here @FS, ebay, etc.].

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
^... OR, if you're dead set on buying another pair anyway, stop using the ones you got now so you can negotiate for a good price when you decide to sell them [eg, here @FS, ebay, etc.].
Yeh as much as it sucks I might think about that actually. Would anyone be interested in a pair of 7.5 H Yearling Craftsman?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeh as much as it sucks I might think about that actually.

Would anyone be interested in a pair of 7.5 H Yearling Craftsman?

what color are they?

vasili_leung

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
what color are they?

Black, leather sole. Being worn twice. Has insoles fitted. So if they're a tad too big, you can take them out.

mr.loverman

Reaction score
Sorry to post this again but i still need a little help with sizing of RM williams comfort craftsman

Can anyone recommend me the proper size? (please specify if you ordered AU or US sizing)

I am a 9 in vans.

An 8.5 in sperry topsiders (a tad tight)

8.5 in redwings(maybe a tiny bit loose)

9 in frye boots.

Foot measurements L 10.75", R 10.5"

Both 4" wide at widest point and tapered towards the heel.

Thanks!

PipPip

Reaction score
I have been read this thread with interest (well most of it) and decided I have to get a pair of these boots.

Anyway, as I tend to do I have been trawling through websites looking for the best price and I stumbled across a riding shop in Ireland selling Craftsman Yearling boots as "todays special" for รขโ€šยฌ150 reduced from รขโ€šยฌ259:

http://obrienssaddlery.com/specials.php

It seems a pretty basic company/website, so much so that it does not even ask you what size and colour you desire when you order! However, I added that in the comments section of my order and will let you know how it goes. Don't blame me if you do the same and it turns out they have no stock, at that price I decided it was worth a go.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me (in inches) how wide a 10H outsole is?

I have found that a 10G is 4 3/8" wide and 12.5 long, but can't seem to find the measurements for an H.

I know that i will take a 10 in RMW length-wise, but I have had to stretch the G fitting on a pair of suede Loake beaters to accommodate my left foot. I am looking at a pair of Comfort Craftsmans for the winter and, given all the talk about the narrowness of the toe due to the extra insole, I am just trying to dial in the fit of the width before pulling the trigger.

Many thanks in advance for the help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads