RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Sator, Sep 18, 2006.

1. amce

amce Senior member

what shoe trees should I order? is a boot tree better? does it really matter?

I use both shoe and boot trees. I'd go with the full heel Epic.

Cheers

2. ferguscan

ferguscan Senior member

what shoe trees should I order? somebody earlier mentioned Epic shoe trees like this

[​IMG]

but is a boot tree better? does it really matter?

[​IMG]

I use the Epic-style trees. When adjusted to the appropriate width, they work really well.

Stuart

3. Sharpe

Sharpe Well-Known Member

http://img257.imageshack.us/i/img0806t.jpg/ http://img98.imageshack.us/i/img0805ef.jpg/ http://img91.imageshack.us/i/img0804b.jpg/ http://img65.imageshack.us/i/img0808e.jpg/ http://img230.imageshack.us/i/img0807g.jpg/ my replacements. Seem ok? They seem a little bulbous to me - some craftsman seem more or less sleek than others. Maybe I just haven't seen a CC in a while, but these craftsman might be bordering on CC Bulky? Hope not. I could well be imagining it or being too picky. They're probably fine.

4. amce

amce Senior member

my replacements. Seem ok? They seem a little bulbous to me - some craftsman seem more or less sleek than others. Maybe I just haven't seen a CC in a while, but these craftsman might be bordering on CC Bulky? Hope not.

I could well be imagining it or being too picky. They're probably fine.

IMHO they look just fine. Really handsome. Enjoy!

When I got home from work today, Monday, my Blaxlands from Bootsonline were waiting for me. Here's their shipping history (all times local):

Tue Oct 6, 6:24 pm Received at the processing center in Melbourne
    Wed Oct 7, 3:10 am En route
    Thu Oct 8, 9:45 pm Arrived Stockholm
    Fri Oct 9, 9.13 pm Processed by customs and transfered for domestic delivery
    Weekend wait
    Mon Oct 12, Delivered at my home in southern Sweden.

Can't get much better than this.

I'll do some pics soon comparing the CC to the Blaxland.

Cheers

5. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

IMHO they look just fine. Really handsome. Enjoy!

When I got home from work today, Monday, my Blaxlands from Bootsonline were waiting for me. Here's their shipping history (all times local):

Tue Oct 6, 6:24 pm Received at the processing center in Melbourne
    Wed Oct 7, 3:10 am En route
    Thu Oct 8, 9:45 pm Arrived Stockholm
    Fri Oct 9, 9.13 pm Processed by customs and transfered for domestic delivery
    Weekend wait
    Mon Oct 12, Delivered at my home in southern Sweden.

Can't get much better than this.

I'll do some pics soon comparing the CC to the Blaxland.

Cheers

It's shipping times like these that keep me buying from Barry at bootsonline! While he doesn't have any impact on actual transit time, he gets them out the door very quickly in my experience (a day). Both of my orders have then taken 4-5 days from Aus to New England.

6. psyc1030

psyc1030 Senior member

sorry to hijack the thread, but anyone body interests in a brand new pair of Macquarie?size 9.5 and black. got it recently and they dun reli my style after all. so im just going to sell them for 300 AUD, if anyone interests, just PM me thanks

7. Sharpe

Sharpe Well-Known Member

It's shipping times like these that keep me buying from Barry at bootsonline! While he doesn't have any impact on actual transit time, he gets them out the door very quickly in my experience (a day). Both of my orders have then taken 4-5 days from Aus to New England.

His service is very good too. I bought my boots in-person in the physical store for bootsonline in melbourne.

8. rammie

rammie Well-Known Member

Oh man, I should have gone with Barry. Would have saved me a couple of weeks. I'm looking at receiving my chestnut Wentworths in early december from Aussie Bush Hats. [​IMG]

9. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

ordered from Boots Online on October 5th. got a call about 2 days later to confirm my order. today they arrived in Boston, exactly 8 days after ordering. pretty sweet. also, this was a Kangaroo Chestnut Comfort Craftsman which was *supposed* to be a MTO 4 week order, but they had my size in stock so they sent it right out. I am an 8.5 E in AE Park Avenue, ordered a 7.5G in the Roo CC and I think the size is just right. the sides are snug but not uncomfortably so, they should stretch out just right I think. v v nice boot, I have a couple other shoes I'm considering but I would love another pair of these! this is the true color: [​IMG] closeup but flash is ruining the color: [​IMG]

10. amce

amce Senior member

Kangaroo Chestnut Comfort Craftsman

[​IMG]

Cheers

11. meister

meister Senior member

I am an 8.5 E in AE Park Avenue, ordered a 7.5G in the Roo CC and I think the size is just right. the sides are snug but not uncomfortably so, they should stretch out just right I think.

That is the way to buy RM IMHO for non hard core work wear (aka outback Oz). They will stretch and become like you personal foot glove with the wonderful ankle support of the elastic sides.

12. makewayhomer

can anyone comment on care for these boots (Roo Chestnut). I currently own 0 shoe care products (brush, wax, cream, whatever)

reading through this thread ferguscan said

the cream is this right?

[​IMG]

and this is the polish?

[​IMG]

I guess I need a brush like this to apply polish?

[​IMG]

is that all right? anything else I need to buy to care for the boots? in what order is wax and polish put on? should I apply before I wear the boots outside for the first time?

other people talk about conditioner - is this the same thing as cream?

anyways, you can tell I'm confused, so if anyone could let me know what I need I will buy it [​IMG]

13. makewayhomer

ok, never mind about the shoe polish, I found this post just a few back

so I'm going to do that. I guess my other question is what "tools" do I need, if any? apply the conditioner with a towel or with a brush?

14. amce

amce Senior member

ok, never mind about the shoe polish, I found this post just a few back so I'm going to do that. I guess my other question is what "tools" do I need, if any? apply the conditioner with a towel or with a brush?
    I don't have anything in 'roo. Just yearling, mock croc (don't know what the base leather is here) and French veal calf and I now use RMW's conditioner and polish exclusively. My routine is: -Wipe off all dust and grime with a damp cloth -Let dry -Using a piece of an old cotton T-shirt wrapped around my index finger I rub in a small amount of RMW's conditioner. You don't need much - a little goes a long way. Work it all in. -After a couple of hours I buff with a horse hair brush and/or a soft cloth -Then I repeat the process using RMW's polish, using very, very little. -Finally I finish of with a fast rubbing of the toe and heel using a nylon stocking. I like these a little more shiny than the rest. I brush shine them up as needed after every wearing, polish every second week and use the conditioner about once per month. Once in a while I use an applicator brush like the one in your picture to work the goo into the heel seam and between the sole and the upper. It's a labour of love! Cheers

15. Sharpe

Sharpe Well-Known Member

I picked up the conditioner and polish when I bought my boots. Won't apply them yet, but it's already there when I need to.

Is it ok to get the boots wet? As long as they're dried afterwards? They've got a leather sole too but I don't want to go out of my way to avoid days where it might rain.