• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpeedBird

Reaction score
Hot off the Press! The new spring/summer catalogue is out here in Australia.

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/summer2010catalogue/

Looks pretty good, will pick up a printed copy the next time i pass by a store.

Enjoy.

Just another note, The spring/summer range is for the southern hemisphere, in the northern hemisphere it will be on sale next spring 2010 for you there. So you can plan well in advance if you want something then or have it mail order now from Australia.

mikevienna

Reaction score
Nice catalogue-he Longhorn Express looks like an interesting service
smile.gif

Has anyone here had experience with buying RM Williams boots from the Australien-shop in Frankfurt/Main in Germany? They would be the closest seller for me without going to the UK or back home to Sydney.
I remember my dad having a pair of boots from Baxter in Australia-they lasted him for years-is the company still around?

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, Baxter sure are still around. Their Henry Baxter Classic boot is their top of the range, hand made in their Goulburn factory, and is the equivalent of a Williams Craftsman. You can buy them online at Blue Heeler Boots and Boots Australia.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Yep, Baxter sure are still around. Their Henry Baxter Classic boot is their top of the range, hand made in their Goulburn factory, and is the equivalent of a Williams Craftsman. You can buy them online at Blue Heeler Boots and Boots Australia.

Wraith, I've been thinking of getting a pair of HB Classics, to add to my collection. They certainly look good in the pics on the websites. They are of course wholecut? Where is the seam? At the heel?

What's your experience of their sizing? I run a 9.5 H in my RMW CC's and I have 9.5 G in my Macquaries.

I trust you judgement, what would you suggest?

Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are indeed wholecuts, amce, and yes, the seams are at the heel. You would probably be 9.5 in the HB Classic as well, but to make absolutely sure, you can email the lovely people at Baxter Boots direct and they'll help you out. That's what I did and they determined that 10.5 was the size for me...and they were right!
biggrin.gif

amce

Reaction score
They are indeed wholecuts, amce, and yes, the seams are at the heel.

You would probably be 9.5 in the HB Classic as well, but to make absolutely sure, you can email the lovely people at Baxter Boots direct and they'll help you out. That's what I did and they determined that 10.5 was the size for me...and they were right!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the info. Mail sent to Goulburn.

Cheers

SpeedBird

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amce
Thanks for the info. Mail sent to Goulburn.

Cheers

Since its Friday night here, you might not get a reply until monday morning or so, so you need to hold your breath until then.

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpeedBird
Since its Friday night here, you might not get a reply until monday morning or so, so you need to hold your breath until then.

Already holding it, for the Pies!

Cheers

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This put me off:

"Please note that the Henry Baxter no longer features a leather internal lining - the latest version of the Henry Baxter is the same boot as the well known style previously known as the Finlay" (from the Blue Heeler Boots site)

mikevienna

Reaction score
Good to hear that Baxter are still around, I remember my dad wearing them for work all the time. His current pair have lasted him 15 years so far. I'm not always 100% convinced with RM Williams stuff-last time I was in one of their stores I saw the "Made in China" label on many of their shirts-hopefully the boots are made there aswell?

amce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikevienna
I'm not always 100% convinced with RM Williams stuff-last time I was in one of their stores I saw the "Made in China" label on many of their shirts-hopefully the boots are made there aswell?

Then you're out of luck! RMW makes their boots in Salisbury, a few clicks north of Adelaide SA.

Cheers

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, some of RMW's stuff is made in China, but certainly not their boots. Some of Baxter's stuff is also made in Asia. But not their Henry Baxter Classic boot, which is still handmade in their Goulburn factory. The HBC does have leather lining but it's no longer a full leather lining. Let me say upfront that it has not affected the comfort level for me, so hopefully not for you either, Schweino, if you were to give them a try. Angie from Baxter is always prompt with her email replies, or at least I found her to be so. She'll have your sizing sorted out in no time, amce. And (just for you)...go the Pies!!
biggrin.gif

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not about the comfort, but I easily get sweaty feet when the lining isn't fully leather..... I guess the toe part isn't leather lined anymore?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads