• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL: What’s up with the pocket?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Look at the front picture:
pPOLO2-1644825_standard_dt.jpg
And now the rear:
pPOLO2-1644825_alternate1_dt.jpg
Notice the pocket sticking out of the rear photo, yet no hand is in it?
tounge.gif
Jon.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those plain front pants?  It happens sometimes if the pant isn't well made - called pocket wings (or something).

What about that shirt.??.  No pins in the back?  It's the slimmest shirt of all time.  The highest yoke I've ever seen too.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe he _really_ liked the clothes??

darkoak

Reaction score
What about that shirt.??.  No pins in the back?  It's the slimmest shirt of all time.  The highest yoke I've ever seen too.
I think when they took the picture of the front, they pin the back of the shirt. When they took picture of the back, they pin the front of the shirt. That shirt is not that slim in real life.

oldskool

Reaction score
yes, that is how they do it. the shirts are clipped for the pics.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, if you look at the picture from the rear, you can see the shirt is pinned forward in a manner which has allowed the front of the shirt to be lifted, thus giving the appearance of a very high yoke. As well, the sleeves to be pushed forward as well and towards the side, as can be seen where the yolk meets the sleeves.

Jon.

On another note, apparently RLBL is in real life what RLPL is in pictures. I'll make another post in a bit.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Actually, if you look at the picture from the rear, you can see the shirt is pinned forward in a manner which has allowed the front of the shirt to be lifted, thus giving the appearance of a very high yoke. As well, the sleeves to be pushed forward as well and towards the side, as can be seen where the yolk meets the sleeves.

Jon.

On another note, apparently RLBL is in real life what RLPL is in pictures. I'll make another post in a bit.
I have a pair of J. Lindeberg pants in which the pockets billow out when wearing them. This annoys the hell out of me (wish I noticed before I bought them) and I feel compelled to shove my hands in my pockets so no one will notice...even while walking. Anyway to remedy this problem short of sewing the pockets shut?

Thanks,

Dan

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear a jacket?

I've had this problem mainly on pants that are tight through the hip, or pants that I wear low (lower than they're made to wear). It seems to be worst with pants that have offseam pockets, or those weird pockets that have a near horizontal opening. Usually, my solution is bigger pants, or pulling them up to the natural waist.

I think the model's pose might be throwing off the pocket in the picture - he's certainly not wearing the pants low, and it doesn't look like it's a fit issue. Maybe they pinned the pants in the front - gotta be careful there.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Problem solved: Now, why the Polo people didn't do that, I have no idea. Took about two and a half minutes. Dan

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice.

I dunno where polo.com gets their pictures, but they've gotten some bad press here for their inaccurate written descriptions...

I think some folks here should start a styleforum consulting group and offer advice to misguided retailers - on a "will work for clothes" basis.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another Purple Label candidate for consulting assistance:
pPOLO2-1828535_standard_dt.jpg

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a grown man trying to fit into a boy's suit. Hard to imagine him walking or exhaling. What's up with fastening all 3 buttons?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The jacket collar is levitating off his back as if it is possessed.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is the jacket deliberately short to reveal the trouser bulge?

The guy also needs to learn how to tie his tie properly.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
What's up with fastening all 3 buttons?
Maybe that goes along with the other neurotic obsessions of PL including always tucking your tie in, always clipping or pinning your shirt ultra tight, always standing so that people can only see your good side, tucking in sweaters, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads