• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Summer Cotton

Hanseat

Reaction score
Can't make any substantial comment except that both look very sharp and I surely would don them without any hestiation.
Pretty youthful and maybe a bit dandified yet very cool.

Hope they're not pinned in the back that would destroy them in reality...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
They look nice, it's just the pricing of RLPL that kills me...

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your paying for the name

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Summer suits worn to work? Considering details such as the lapels and ticket pockets, they might not be conservative enough for that. Also, to wear them it helps to look like the man pictured.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My local Marshalls had a cream-colored, herringbone weave jacket very much like those pictured, in my size. Extreme waist suppression and peak lapels mean it would look sharp in the right social situation, but make it too fashion-forward for me to justify the expense right now ($300), so I passed.

heavyd

Reaction score
I received the RLPL cotton sportcoats & pants, purchased at 50% off. They come to about $800 each for the jacket & pants - not cheap and I agree to an extent you pay for the name - but also the quality.

The fit is amazing, the cotton has a small about of stretch to both enhance fit and prevent wrinkles common in cotton summer suiting.

Details like the ticket pocket, peak lapels and side vents combined with flat front pants work really well with a simple white dress shirt and no tie. For me, in sales, this is an ideal summer wardrobe - looks cool, has style...

End of the day, could I have purchased summer poplin at Brooks for $300? YES.

Anyone else indulge?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I don't want to spam this , but if you can wait for about 5 days I will have a few of these in purple label for around 150 each. NWT.

Please forgive me for posting this here , hope it helps.

RS

Hanseat

Reaction score
38r

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks like 2 in 44R and 1 in 38R, the 44R's are double breasted and regular 3 button and the 38r looks like 3 button. Just email me so I am not wasting any ones time on this thread.

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I apologize , I was only able to get 42's , 44's, or 46's. Go over to the sale side of this forum for the links.

To make up the sizing mistake please let me know asap after purchase and I will credit you shipping.

heavyd

Reaction score
took a look, white linen is not my thing. thanks for the heads up on this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads