• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL, make me feel better.

FFW

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Two weeks ago I bought a suit of RLPL, I paid 600 euro's for it plus 75 euro's for open buttonholes. It is a black suit with a gray stripe, 99% wool + 1% cashmire.

The oppinions on RLPL on this forum are from very positive to very negative. Now I want to know, have I done right buying the suit?

The suit is made in England, so is it made by Chester Barrie or are there other possibilities.

Hope you guys can give me some info,
thank you in advance.

cuffthis

Reaction score
I like RLPL and wear these suits often. At under $1,000US, they are a very good value

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much is a Euro in USD? If you paid less than $1400 USD for the whole shebang, you got a fine deal. If you paid less than $1000 you got a great deal.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very negative opinions of RLPL? I don't recall seeing those, but then again I'm not online ALL day. I think RLPL is a superb addition to the clothing landscape on the planet -- it's expensive, but you pretty much know you are getting a high quality product. As for suits, Chester Barrie hasn't made RLPL suits in several years I don't think (at least those sold in the US); I think St. Andrews of Italy makes them now. Was this one new or used? In any case, Chester Barrie makes an excellent suit -- I have one that I like very much. New, they are close to $2000 US; some may be more than that.

Looking to improve

Reaction score

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Fine deal and great clothing brand, imho. Let us see some pics when you get it back from the tailor.

FFW

Reaction score
I bought it in the Ralph Lauren shop in Amsterdam. They told me the suit was from the previous collection. The guy who helped didn't knew who had made the suit, but there was a label inside that said "made in England".

I also bought a few RLPL shirts. It was 2 shirts for 75 euro's so couldn't resist to buy a lot of them.

Thanks for the responses, I feel a lot better now.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also bought a few RLPL shirts. It was 2 shirts for 75 euro's so couldn't resist to buy a lot of them.
Wow.. 2 RLPL shirt for 75 euros? That's a steal. Since the they seem to carry old PL stock they might be the ones made by T&A. I'd suggest buying the whole stock and putting them up on eBay or selling them to the guys here.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Depending on the size, I wear a 15.5 (39), I'd definately buy some for you at a premium for the hard work.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Amsterdam can go &*&*& itself.  Discount Chester Barrie RLPL; discount T & A RLPL shirt, DELETED, lax drug laws, a president that (err, I'll stop myself from invoking politics) . . .

FFW

Reaction score
Tomorrow I will go to the shop again to pick up my suit. Maybe I buy some more shirts, but they sold a lot already. I shoul have bought more when they started this sale. I bought 11 shirts some made in Italy the rest made in England.
Do You people know who makes the informel shirts: so the ones without cuffs.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
a president that (err, I'll stop myself from invoking politics) . . .

has no major responsibility outside his borders.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Italy shirts are made by Lorenzini. By "no cuffs" I assume you mean "no french cuffs." I'm not sure who does the short sleeve polo shirts for them -- it can't be Lorenzini, can it?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amsterdam can go &*&*& itself. Discount Chester Barrie RLPL; discount T & A RLPL shirt, hot women, lax drug laws, a president that (err, I'll stop myself from invoking politics) . . .

Better edit that hot women comment too - err on the side of caution dude.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads