1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

RLPL made in England

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by gefinzi, Aug 13, 2006.

1. gefinzi

gefinzi Senior Member

I've been seeing quite a bit of NWT RLPL made in England recently on Ebay. Where is this coming from? Does some store have a large amount of dead stock they are selling now (as St. Andrews has made RLPL suits for several years)?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ralph-Lauren-Pur...QQcmdZViewItem

2. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Well if you see anything interesting in a 40R, throw me a bone as I'm in the market for a quality 40R suit. There is a lot of RLPL England stuff on the bay now. Judging by some of the styles, it looks like real early RLPL. No idea where this stuff is coming from.

3. Roger

Roger Distinguished Member

Was it Chester Barrie that made for RLPL before Saint Andrews? This would be from a while ago, but would be excellent if you like the structured style. I've never seen any of it, and it's possible, I guess, that Ralph Lauren had it made to a different cut.

4. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Distinguished Member

Great question, I was wondering exactly the same thing.

I have seen about 20 suits in the last 2 months with NWT that had to be older suits.