• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rlpl/eg cardiffs

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These are exactly same shoes as the ones on Bluefly that we've been discussing for a couple of months. Good luck, dude, but I think your asking price is a bit high.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great pics though.. I thought mine were pretty good...

I figured it's one of the guys from the forum, don't you think? Which one of ya'll is trying to set the EG on ebay price record?

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Wow, I haven't worn mine yet. Somehow I think if someone bids, I will list mine soon.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This Ebay seller obviously has had some good experience with selling high -- definitely a master flipper. Check out the two other older auctions that you can link up to in his feedback. $199 for a plain white Borrelli dress shirt, and $360 for some Miu Miu combat boots. Good God.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will eat my (Locke) hat if someone bids and buys these EGs at that price. I can only see it happening if someone unfamiliar with Ebay, yet familiar with EG, comes along. Most new EGs on EBay go for $250-$350. Even $499 would be tough, much less $599. And then, only if the model is a rare one (such as that very cool pair of RLPLs currently headed north of $450 in bidding), which Cardiff's definitely are not. Very nice, but not rare or funky.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the key is that the Ebay seller is including those really cool lasted shoe trees. Bumps the price up a few hundred bucks.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point montecristo -- I've got a pair of those shoetrees. They're almost works of art. Those are probably worth an extra $75 or so on top of the shoe value.

daytrader

Reaction score
I agree with montecristo as well. I don't think this seller has the price all that high considering I remember JohnMS from the forum sold his RLPL Cardiff's(Size 7) for $450 or something on Ebay.(Not including shipping). If I can recall correctly, John's shoes did not come with the trees, had some wear on the soles, and were also Neiman Marcus sale marked with a large red string of number on the soles. These Cardiffs in the auction have the beautiful trees, unworn without red sale marks, and are a bigger size than 7. Also, Bluefly doesnt appear to have the 9 1/2's anymore so that makes them even more valuable. If he sells them, more power to him.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't the RLPLs come with those shoe trees?

I'll find out next week when the box from Bluefly arrives . . .

daytrader

Reaction score
Don't the RLPLs come with those shoe trees? I'll find out next week when the box from Bluefly arrives . . .
I think they do. I have seen alot though that don't so maybe not all of them. The ones from Bluefly say shoe shaper so I'm assuming they do. What size did you get? I wish Bluefly or someone on Ebay had these in a Size 9. I would buy them in a flash. Anyone have them exactly like the ones pictured in the auction in a size 9?
biggrin.gif

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
Don't the RLPLs come with those shoe trees?
Yes they do, however, they do not come with the original box, which is why it states in the auction that the original box is not included.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this pair of shoes, in a size 9.5 in fact, purchased from Bluefly.  I had initially purchased the shoes in a size 10 (my usual size), but they were way too big, so I returned them.  I am experiencing slight heel slippage even in the size 9.5s.  Should the fit improve after wearing the shoes several times, or are the shoes too big?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this pair of shoes, in a size 9.5 in fact, purchased from Bluefly.  I had initially purchased the shoes in a size 10 (my usual size), but they were way too big, so I returned them.  I am experiencing slight heel slippage even in the size 9.5s.  Should the fit improve after wearing the shoes several times, or are the shoes too big?
Ambulance Chaser,

Sounds like I have the same sizing issue here. I normally wear a 10.5 and bought a pair of these (in 10.5) from Bluefly. The shoes fit fine in the midfoot, and while my toes are a good 3/4" from the end of the toe box, the shoes overall feel very comfortable--except for the heel slippage. Standing in a normal position I can slide my index finger into the shoe behind my heel, and when walking I have a bit of heel slippage. I can't see going down 0.5 size being enough of a change to make much difference.

I may end up sending these back.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have this pair of shoes, in a size 9.5 in fact, purchased from Bluefly. I had initially purchased the shoes in a size 10 (my usual size), but they were way too big, so I returned them. I am experiencing slight heel slippage even in the size 9.5s. Should the fit improve after wearing the shoes several times, or are the shoes too big?
Your experience is similar to my own, although a bit more extreme. I also had heel slippage when I first wore those shoes. I don't know why it is, but the 89 last just seems to be significantly roomier than the other EG lasts that I've tried. The shoe was wider than any other EG D width shoe that I've worn, and there was the heel slippage. Partly because the slippage didn't bother me too much and partly because I wanted to keep the shoes very very badly (you young people should do as I say, not as I do.
blush.gif
), I kept the shoes and wore them. The slippage has since pretty much gone away. Still, you've worn your shoes, not me, and I would be hard-pressed to recommend that you keep shoes that don't fit like you want them to in the hopes that the fit will improve with wearing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads