1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

RLPL Edward Greens for $325?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drake, Sep 10, 2006.

1. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Obviously you don't peruse SlickDeals or FatWallet.

First rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.
    Second rule of online bargain shopping: Never call.

[​IMG]

You don't get it. It's easier to call EDWARD GREEN about RLPL specs than Polo itself, but they have nothing whatsoever to do with Polo after selling the shoes.

Anyway, I was telling whoopee on the phone that I thought I recalled seeing suede Mackay-like shoes at the Mansion last November very heavily marked down. I'm hoping they're 888 last shoes. [​IMG]

2. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Did someone save the thread about last year's glitch? Maybe we can recycle the legal arguments for suing Polo if this wave of orders is cancelled.

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was inches from pulling the trigger on a pair of these. Had my credit card info entered and everything. I'm either developing some amazing self restraint these days, or am just way too broke for my own good [​IMG] Let us know how they turn out!

4. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Did someone save the thread about last year's glitch? Maybe we can recycle the legal arguments for suing Polo if this wave of orders is cancelled.

I can't imagine that it would be worthwhile to sue over $325. But if they sell them great. If not, well we move on.

Shouldn't you be studying?? [​IMG]

Perry

5. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Too late for me as I picked up identical to this Tramezzas during Father's Day sale for a little more than 50% of what the Corbens are running.
    [​IMG]

6. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

I can't imagine that it would be worthwhile to sue over $325. But if they sell them great. If not, well we move on.

Shouldn't you be studying?? [​IMG]

Perry

Heh, you should have seen the forum furor over last year's set of $100 off coupons on any purchase that didn't go through.

I AM studying. The evils of having a beautiful, beautiful library modeled after the Parthenon or something, combined with high speed wireless.

7. Oneitis

Oneitis Active Member

Can someone explain to me a little bit about why this is a good deal?

Thanks

8. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

Can someone explain to me a little bit about why this is a good deal?

Thanks

These are Purple Label shoes, presumably. Normal retail for PL shoes is $850-$950. Sometimes they drop to $595 or so, on sale. They're by Edward Green, one of England's finest shoemakers. Even at EG's big sales, EG shoes usually go for $500+. So $341 shipped is a very good deal.

9. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Purple Label shoes also come with beautiful shoe trees that mimic the shoe's shape, and preserve the leather nicely. Especially considering these trees and even considering suede shoes don't command as high a price, you cannot get a deal like this on eBay or from discounters.

10. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

I was inches from pulling the trigger on a pair of these. Had my credit card info entered and everything. I'm either developing some amazing self restraint these days, or am just way too broke for my own good [​IMG] Let us know how they turn out!

I'm in the same position. If only I didn't have so many expenses for school.

11. josepidal

josepidal Senior member

Eh? Would you rather have food or a pair of EGs?

Maybe it's not a glitch... it's been several hours and the shoes' webpage is still the same.

12. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

are these actually 'Purple label', I bought a pair off ebay that has this sort of cursive labelling on the insole with a typeset 'polo' on the sole. That particular shoe is very nice, but I assumed that it was a C&J, probably Handgrade. Could this be the same?

13. william

william Senior member

Are we absolutely sure these are EGs?

14. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

If the shoes in the pic are the ones that show up at your door, then yes.

15. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I'm in the same position. If only I didn't have so many expenses for school.

well, you know, EG shoes can be considered an expense for school if you look at it from a certain point of view.

just ask you parents for more money, tell them there is an abrupt need for another college need. that's what i did!

16. william

william Senior member

ok thanks...i think i'm gonna do it. like i need to spend $325 after the $1700 I dropped last week on a mtm Samuelsohn and new AE Byrons...

17. chobochobo

Then the pair of Ralph Laurens that I thought were a pair of nice C&Js are EGs. Nice [​IMG]

18. C&A

C&A Senior member

I'm trying to buy a pair, but unfortunately polo.com only ships to US/Canada.

Does anyone fancy buying for me, to ship onward to the Netherlands? I'm a size US7.5D

Thanks,
    Luc

19. chobochobo

I'm trying to buy a pair, but unfortunately polo.com only ships to US/Canada.

Does anyone fancy buying for me, to ship onward to the Netherlands? I'm a size US7.5D

Thanks,
    Luc

And I'm in Hong Kong!

[​IMG]

20. chobochobo

And I'm in Hong Kong!

[​IMG]

Oh forget it, obviously this is one pair of shoes not meant for me.