• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rlpl/edward green sizing

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they run true to size? What about the C&J RL shoes?

djkovner

Reaction score
I wear 9.5 UK in Church's, Crockett & Jones, Edward Green and Grenson. They all fit perfectly.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear a 10.5 US in most shoes. 10.5 US in the C&J-made Polos fits fine. However, 10.5 in the Edward Green-made RLPLs (the Whittakers on the 89 last) is about half a size too big for me. I'd order down a half size in those--the last is very roomy.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The famed RLPL/EG Cardiffs are back on Bluefly. Â Retronotmetro's return, perhaps?

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The famed RLPL/EG Cardiffs are back on Bluefly. Â Retronotmetro's return, perhaps?
yep. I doubt those will end up being as well traveled as some other shoes that have tracked across the forum.
smile.gif

tdial

Reaction score
Don't know specifically about the C&J Polo shoes, but for the hand grade C&J shoes, the sizing depends entirely on the last (are the Polo C&J models hand grade or bench grade?). I would suspect that might also be the case for the particular Polo C&J model.

I have the C&J Savile which is on the 337 last in UK size 9. It fits terrifically. I originally bought a pair of C&J hand grade Whitehalls on the 330 last also in UK size 9. It was too snug. I needed a half size larger. Ordered another Whitehall in American 10.5 (Ben Silver does the American sizing) and they fit perfectly.

My suggestion is to start with the specific model and then check the last to get more than a general answer since it can make a huge difference in fit and comfort.

montecristo#4

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Tdial, so you are saying that a Ben Silver 10.5D on the 330 last equaled an English size 9E on the 337 last?

Plal thinks that a 10E C&J handgradev is equivalent to a US 10.5. I tried the 10E in the 337 and it was too large (my Mortimers from Ben Silver fit me perfectly at size 10.5). I would have figured I need to go to a 9.5E, but maybe I need to go all the way to a 9?

Montecristo

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
absolutely unbelievable. The 2 times in recent memory when I have no shopping money comes when these EGPL's are available in the color and size I want. Life, you cruel, cruel beast...

tdial

Reaction score
Tdial, so you are saying that a Ben Silver 10.5D on the 330 last equaled an English size 9E on the 337 last?

Plal thinks that a 10E C&J handgradev is equivalent to a US 10.5. I tried the 10E in the 337 and it was too large (my Mortimers from Ben Silver fit me perfectly at size 10.5). I would have figured I need to go to a 9.5E, but maybe I need to go all the way to a 9?

Montecristo
Montecristo,
I would say the 337 last is a full size smaller (UK vs. US). That is, a size 9UK on the 337 last fits like a size 10US.

The 330 last, which I ordered from Pediwear also in size 9UK, fit more like a 9.5US. So when I ordered from Ben Silver, I ordered a 10.5US and it fit just fine. So I would say the 330 last in UK sizes is only half a size smaller in US sizes.

I know this is very scientific data.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and got these. I assume they are returned, but I highly doubt bluefly would put them back at that price if they were not pristine. I normally wear an 11-11.5 so we'll see if a 10.5 in these work for me. Hoping they do run as large as retro says... I think this is the most I've ever spent on an article of clothing/footwear... can't wait to see them..
wow.gif
smile.gif

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and got these. I assume they are returned, but I highly doubt bluefly would put them back at that price if they were not pristine. I normally wear an 11-11.5 so we'll see if a 10.5 in these work for me. Hoping they do run as large as retro says... I think this is the most I've ever spent on an article of clothing/footwear... can't wait to see them.. Â
wow.gif
Â
smile.gif
My informed guess is that this must be the very pair of 10.5s I returned several days ago, and those were in fine shape when I shipped them back to Bluefly. Â Unless they went through some kind of shake and bake treatment from UPS ( . ) they certainly ought to be pristine. If you are closer to the 11 side of the 11-11.5, these should do it for you. Â They are certainly the longest shoe I've seen carrying a US 10.5 label.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics