1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Rlpl/edward green sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mike C., Sep 18, 2004.

1. Mike C.

Mike C. Distinguished Member

Do they run true to size? What about the C&J RL shoes?

2. djkovner

djkovner Well-Known Member

I wear 9.5 UK in Church's, Crockett & Jones, Edward Green and Grenson. They all fit perfectly.

3. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Distinguished Member

I wear a 10.5 US in most shoes. 10.5 US in the C&J-made Polos fits fine. However, 10.5 in the Edward Green-made RLPLs (the Whittakers on the 89 last) is about half a size too big for me. I'd order down a half size in those--the last is very roomy.

4. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

The famed RLPL/EG Cardiffs are back on Bluefly. Â Retronotmetro's return, perhaps?

5. retronotmetro

yep. I doubt those will end up being as well traveled as some other shoes that have tracked across the forum. [​IMG]

6. tdial

tdial Senior Member

Don't know specifically about the C&J Polo shoes, but for the hand grade C&J shoes, the sizing depends entirely on the last (are the Polo C&J models hand grade or bench grade?). I would suspect that might also be the case for the particular Polo C&J model.

I have the C&J Savile which is on the 337 last in UK size 9. It fits terrifically. I originally bought a pair of C&J hand grade Whitehalls on the 330 last also in UK size 9. It was too snug. I needed a half size larger. Ordered another Whitehall in American 10.5 (Ben Silver does the American sizing) and they fit perfectly.

My suggestion is to start with the specific model and then check the last to get more than a general answer since it can make a huge difference in fit and comfort.

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

Tdial, so you are saying that a Ben Silver 10.5D on the 330 last equaled an English size 9E on the 337 last?

Plal thinks that a 10E C&J handgradev is equivalent to a US 10.5. I tried the 10E in the 337 and it was too large (my Mortimers from Ben Silver fit me perfectly at size 10.5). I would have figured I need to go to a 9.5E, but maybe I need to go all the way to a 9?

Montecristo

8. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

absolutely unbelievable. The 2 times in recent memory when I have no shopping money comes when these EGPL's are available in the color and size I want. Life, you cruel, cruel beast...

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Stylish Dinosaur

10. tdial

tdial Senior Member

Montecristo,
    I would say the 337 last is a full size smaller (UK vs. US). That is, a size 9UK on the 337 last fits like a size 10US.

The 330 last, which I ordered from Pediwear also in size 9UK, fit more like a 9.5US. So when I ordered from Ben Silver, I ordered a 10.5US and it fit just fine. So I would say the 330 last in UK sizes is only half a size smaller in US sizes.

I know this is very scientific data.

11. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Distinguished Member

I went ahead and got these. I assume they are returned, but I highly doubt bluefly would put them back at that price if they were not pristine. I normally wear an 11-11.5 so we'll see if a 10.5 in these work for me. Hoping they do run as large as retro says... I think this is the most I've ever spent on an article of clothing/footwear... can't wait to see them.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. retronotmetro

My informed guess is that this must be the very pair of 10.5s I returned several days ago, and those were in fine shape when I shipped them back to Bluefly. Â Unless they went through some kind of shake and bake treatment from UPS ( . ) they certainly ought to be pristine. If you are closer to the 11 side of the 11-11.5, these should do it for you. Â They are certainly the longest shoe I've seen carrying a US 10.5 label.