• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLPL Cashmere navy blazer.....

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know RLPL sizing has been discussed previously, however, I was wondering about the cashmere blazer in particular. I'm a standard 44 in polo blue label and a 46 in black label. I have the chance to purchase this blazer in a 46 for a great price but want to make sure its going to fit or at least be tailorable. Does anyone own this blazer who can attest to its cut and whether or not you sized up for it?

Thanks very much

dl

lermontov

Reaction score
I wear a 44 in blue & a 46 in black and purple. Don't have a PL blazer though

needshoehelp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits moderately slim. To me, this piece fits about the same as blue label.

mdg137

Reaction score
Ive also found it to be a bit long-- Im a 38s, and my jacket length is usually about 28.75-29.

My RLPL Cashmere is more like 29.25.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdg137
Ive also found it to be a bit long-- Im a 38s, and my jacket length is usually about 28.75-29.

My RLPL Cashmere is more like 29.25.

Yeah the length seems to be a bit long from the measurements provided. A 46 is 33in length so I'll probably have it pulled up an inch when I bring it in to have the sleeve buttons sewn on. I'm still on the fence so I think ill just take a trip to RL to be sure. Seller will refund if it doesnt fit but I want to avoid the hassle if at all possibe.

DL

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a St. Andrews RLPL 100% Cashmere navy blazer in a 46L. Its NOT slim and the shoulders are wide with roping, i would guess closer to 21". It will require significant cutting to make it work for a 44 IMO.
I would stay away.

Regards.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by needshoehelp
It fits moderately slim. To me, this piece fits about the same as blue label.
My experience as well. I would not size up.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone. I passed and went with a 46 in black label that was 40% off. Fits great.

dl

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads