• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBLxEdHardy?

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
'Roaring Tiger Fleece Hoody'
cry.gif
pPOLO2-5146369_standard_v330.jpg
seriously, WTF

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Freakin tragic... but, there maybe an audience for it. Consistently, the worst, most garish, most awkwardly overdesigned clothing is found in other very conservative men's stores. It's the sartorial equivalent of the 50 something middle manager who decides to go crazy, and get that Corvette he wanted when he was 16.

Stanley Korshak has got to be the most awesome example of this. I've seen trashy brands like Religion marked up an extra 75% there. This extends to the big retailers. Diesel, for example, does not sit in Barneys Coop, but in Mens Contemporary, alongside Varvatos and James Perse. And Saks mens contemporary often features the latest and greatest from True Religion and Christian Audugier. At this point, I'm not sure who the blame belongs to - the buyers or the customers.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A man pumped full of steroids walks toward the nearest club, combing back his spiky hair along the way. Suddenly, as he turns the corner, WHAM. He bumps into an effete country club member, and they both hit the ground stunned. This is the dialogue that follows:

"Hey! You got your RLBL all over my Ed Hardy!"
"Hey! You got your Ed Hardy all over my RLBL!"
"Hey! I have this idea!"

Needless to say, neither of the men made it to their original destinations that night. Instead, they sat in the RLBL guy's spacious basement, crafting new ways to destroy the fashion industry one sucka at a time.

XeF4

Reaction score
This is almost as big of a fail as the DVD rewinder.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whats up with the chinese characters printed on alot of RL stuff? i understand beijing for the olympics, but on this?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bam!ChairDance
A man pumped full of steroids walks toward the nearest club, combing back his spiky hair along the way. Suddenly, as he turns the corner, WHAM. He bumps into an effete country club member, and they both hit the ground stunned. This is the dialogue that follows:

"Hey! You got your RLBL all over my Ed Hardy!"
"Hey! You got your Ed Hardy all over my RLBL!"
"Hey! I have this idea!"

Needless to say, neither of the men made it to their original destinations that night. Instead, they sat in the RLBL guy's spacious basement, crafting new ways to destroy the fashion industry one sucka at a time.

worship.gif

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of RLBL's casual stuff is regodamdiculous...I absolutely love their suits/shirts/ties/sweaters/slacks, but wouldn't touch the crazy asian/futuristic stuff with a 10 foot pole.

ToruOkada

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is this really a collab or someone from RL thought this up? Truthfully though, I don't know which one would be worse..

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe xchen is going to have to start his tattoo removal process sooner than he thought.

Don't lynch me for saying this, but it's not even true to the spirit of Ed Hardy. It looks like something from a no-name Italian brand you'd see on Yoox.

TheFusilliJerry

Reaction score
Sadly enough, the people at RL didn't need ed hardy to make this ****. I just said that because thats the first thing that came to mind when i saw the sweatshirt in the OP

Originally Posted by ToruOkada
is this really a collab or someone from RL thought this up? Truthfully though, I don't know which one would be worse..

Originally Posted by tagutcow
Maybe xchen is going to have to start his tattoo removal process sooner than he thought.

Don't lynch me for saying this, but it's not even true to the spirit of Ed Hardy. It looks like something from a no-name Italian brand you'd see on Yoox.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Totally.

And I'm not feeling the wetsuit-like cut either. Slim is cool, but at the point where it becomes tight, it looks far less impressive and less "expensive looking"

kookydooky

Reaction score
whats wrong with rlbl? I mean I have a few shirts and the only brnading on them is the tiny horse dude near your nipple

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads