• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL Suits - Inner label now solid black, did they change manufacturers?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long ago this happened, but noticed the inner label on the RLBL Anthony suits are now black with white writing. Did they change makers? The pants also appear to be cut slimmer throughout now?

CrimsonSox

Reaction score
Not sure how long ago this happened, but noticed the inner label on the RLBL Anthony suits are now black with white writing. Did they change makers? The pants also appear to be cut slimmer throughout now?

I have a grey RLBL suit from the fall of 2007, and the label is black with white writing.

cgo

Reaction score
it has been like that for a while.....when did you last saw RLBL suit?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anthony or Austin? And the label has been like that since 07?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Strange, I must be really outdated. The last time I looked at buying a new RLBL was probably 2-3 years ago and I used to go to the RL mansion in Los Angeles. I could have sworn they still had the old Caruso tags, or maybe I'm getting confused with the Caruso suits from Yoox. I think the last "new" one I handled was 2 years ago from Mr. Porter, and I also thought it had the same tags but guess I'm remembering wrong.

It says Anth so I'm assuming Anthony? Do you know who makes them now? The fit seems a tad slimmer compared to my older RLBL suits.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Strange, I must be really outdated. The last time I looked at buying a new RLBL was probably 2-3 years ago and I used to go to the RL mansion in Los Angeles. I could have sworn they still had the old Caruso tags, or maybe I'm getting confused with the Caruso suits from Yoox. I think the last "new" one I handled was 2 years ago from Mr. Porter, and I also thought it had the same tags but guess I'm remembering wrong.

It says Anth so I'm assuming Anthony? Do you know who makes them now? The fit seems a tad slimmer compared to my older RLBL suits.

Still caruso as far as I know

edit: Also I thought you could pull out two tags at certain point, like one is the little black tag and the old white caruso tag is still there just sewn further down? At least that was the case 2 years ago.

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think OP is referring to the mini tag inside the jacket (small black square with white lettering). They used to have the Caruso tag, but they're now used in RLPL suiting only.

They probably switched tags so people wouldn't get confused between RLBL and RLPL since they're both manufactured by Caruso.

So basically, the current RLBL tags are the same ones used in the Made in Italy RL Rugby suiting.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think OP is referring to the mini tag inside the jacket (small black square with white lettering). They used to have the Caruso tag, but they're now used in RLPL suiting only.

They probably switched tags so people wouldn't get confused between RLBL and RLPL since they're both manufactured by Caruso.

So basically, the current RLBL tags are the same ones used in the Made in Italy RL Rugby suiting.

That is the tag I was referring to. I didn't realize how obscure my initial post was until I re-read it. On a RLBL suit I just bought last week, the inner pocket no longer has the Caruso tag. I only have a single square black mini-tag... I guess this change was recent?

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy pic, but this is what I am referring to. The suit doesn't have the white inner sq Caruso tag in the pocket, but only this one and then a small undertag with a bunch of numbers on it below this one:

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still Caruso.

+100. AFAIK Caruso (not Cantarelli) have been at it a long time now. I have not noticed any size changes and have Suits as far back as 06" and as recent as current Season.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads