• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL suits $300 @ Woodbury commons

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
with how fast these suits flew out of the store last july i'm really surprised they had them at an even cheaper price now, lol.

Its like they're trying to avoid stocking the shelves or something.
laugh.gif

Grabbed one last time, didnt get the chance this time, didnt have any extra funds.

PS RLPL and RLBL shirts are $85 right now at woodbury.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damn it! How the hell did I miss this thread!!!????!!!???

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
Were there any 42Ls this time around?

When I spoke to them the night before there were a good amount. Sorry to tell you though.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Canuker
When I spoke to them the night before there were a good amount. Sorry to tell you though.

No prob, thanks for the reply. I got a very nice blazer the last time around, and saw the thread early but completely forgot to call the next day. Hopefully they were mainly Black label, not Purple.

bjm

Reaction score
Got my suit and jacket yesterday. the Navy pin stripe looks a million dollars...really impressed with the quality and the 44r jacket fits me very nicely. One interesting detail is that these are marked custom fit which is a more narrow cut in the shoulders and trousers for a sleeker profile I am told. The SA I spoke with at RL in NY said that the custom fit RLPL are quite rare as only 2 models came with this cut FWIW. This suit is from the 06 season.

The navy cashmere blazer is also fantastic looking bt the 44r is a bit loose on me and the 2 SB seem a bit low on the jacket but maybe that is the style. It will need to go to the tailors, probably A 42r would have fit me better. Its all good though...for those prices amazing quality product.

Curious if anyone else suits are marked custom fit?

leon12

Reaction score
Just curious, was the blazer that was available the patch pocket one I am selling, or was it the ticket pocket, gold buttons job that were all over the place awhile back?

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I called, it was the flap pockets with ticket pocket. I had read these ran a little large so I passed. That is the pitfall of being a 38...there is nothing (rare exceptions excluded) to size down to. Had it been the patch pocket version, I would have been all over it.

SirSuturesALot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The one you are selling is different and made by Caruso. The ones that were being sold a while back for $600+ are the St. Andrews make.

bjm

Reaction score
Yep, Ticket pocket with gold buttons.

Originally Posted by leon12
Just curious, was the blazer that was available the patch pocket one I am selling, or was it the ticket pocket, gold buttons job that were all over the place awhile back?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my suits today,Navy Pinstripe DB and Grey with slight pink overcheck,very very nice suits,I am pleased.DB is especially nice,both made by St. Andrews.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the saint andrews blazer are great. I get compliments everytime i wear it. (after $200 worth of alteration)

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justsayno
the saint andrews blazer are great. I get compliments everytime i wear it. (after $200 worth of alteration)

I usually do "0" alterations with St. Andrews suits or blazers,they are great indeed. Looking forward to next Woodbury frenzy
laugh.gif

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjm
Got my suit and jacket yesterday. the Navy pin stripe looks a million dollars...really impressed with the quality and the 44r jacket fits me very nicely. One interesting detail is that these are marked custom fit which is a more narrow cut in the shoulders and trousers for a sleeker profile I am told. The SA I spoke with at RL in NY said that the custom fit RLPL are quite rare as only 2 models came with this cut FWIW. This suit is from the 06 season. The navy cashmere blazer is also fantastic looking bt the 44r is a bit loose on me and the 2 SB seem a bit low on the jacket but maybe that is the style. It will need to go to the tailors, probably A 42r would have fit me better. Its all good though...for those prices amazing quality product. Curious if anyone else suits are marked custom fit?
Only DB is custom fit,I don't think other suits are custom fit.DB is much slimmer,but fits pretty good,also I think I would prefer pleats on the DB suit pants,at least one pleat.But very nice suit,I don't need to tell you how nice it is.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
surely, you did not think of forgoing the Functioning buttonholes
Originally Posted by forex
I usually do "0" alterations with St. Andrews suits or blazers,they are great indeed. Looking forward to next Woodbury frenzy
laugh.gif

chris_hansen

Reaction score
Any chance of a PROXY if there are suits left in a 38 or 40? Damn this backwards Australian fashion scene!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads