RLBL Suit Price

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by cgurr, Jan 13, 2012.

1. cgurr

cgurr Active Member

Thinking of purchasing a new RLBL suit for $700. Was wondering if this would be a good deal or not? Obviously it's a good deal but I've seen many others post on here of acquiring them in the ~500 range. It fits perfectly and I really like the suit. Proceed with purchase or keep looking?

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

3. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

$700 is pretty good. At least for me, I'd probably take it if they had in 40L. I recently bought a navy peak lapel black label sport coat for that price and I'm happy I did. :slayer:

4. cgurr

cgurr Active Member

Its a solid black. I don't have a solid black suit so I suppose it would be fine. I'm assuming black is fine for work as well.

Thanks for the link as well, sorry about that.

5. Superfluous

I wouldn't go with a solid black as it has been covered a ton on this site. I think I know which one it is. It's from the RL store, right? Is it a twill-like peak lapel?

6. chogall

chogall Senior member

$700 RLBL is a good deal? :eek: Its so over-hyped.

I've got 3 RLBL suits. Navy micro-pinstripe wool, mid gray wool and khaki cotton. All at less than $500 and I think I overpaid...

7. cgurr

cgurr Active Member

It is a peak lapel but its not a twill. And as I said I've seen people posting about buying them for ~500 but where are you finding these? I've searched A LOT and have been struggling. How is a fully canvassed Caruso not worth 500?

Also what's wrong with black? I know some people say it's reserved for formal events but I think thats crazy. If you look good and can pull it off then it doesn't matter to me.

8. Superfluous

Show me what you can find with better shoulders and cut, fully canvassed for that price. Especially in-store. And for those of us 38L, 40L Black Label is one of the few that comes close to that.

9. cgurr

cgurr Active Member

And yes its in the RL store. You bring up a good point about being in-store. I've seen a few on eBay float around for about 600 but honestly I would rather pay the extra 100 to have the comfort from buying in-store. I think Chogall might be confusing good deal, with incredible steal. I really have searched for a while and haven't found a price in this range, especially in-store, as well as peak lapel.

Anybody else on why no black?

10. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

i found mine for $233. :satisfied:

11. cgurr

cgurr Active Member

Where if you don't mind saying?

12. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

IMO, yeah, $700 for a RLBL that you have right there in the store and it fits is a good deal. Most people buy at full retail... so if you like it and think it's a good sale, then it's a good deal. $500 is a crazy steal and I wouldn't expect to see that around very often.

as for the black color, well it is somewhat limited IMO, so if it's one of 2-3 suits then there are more versatile options out there, but if you already have a navy, charcoal, light grey, and some sportscoats, then sure, I'll go against the groupthink here and say it's a good buy.

13. Superfluous

Theoretically, you could find a RLBL suit for $175 from the outlet if you used a 30% off coupon that come around pretty rarely. However, you have to be very lucky to find a black label suit to begin with, let alone in your size and the style you want.

14. Superfluous

They have a bunch of different sport coats for sale right now around $500 I think. I even saw a 36R in a grey flannel on sale at the one in Boston yesterday while I was there.

15. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

36R.... OH MY LORD!